APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the positions below:
Job Title: Technical Associate – Pharmacy & SCM
Location: Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Plateau, Benue
Directorate: Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management
- To render support to all clinical pharmacy and supply chain management activities of the program
- Provide Technical Assistance to supported facilities in designated Local Government Areas of the state
- Promote excellent HIV Clinical Pharmacy practices and documentation at supported facilities in designated Local Government Areas of the state
- Promote ADR surveillance and reporting at the designated facilities and collate all Pharmacovigilance reports in the state
- Work with Government officials and facility staff to achieve program goals
- In conjunction with the State LMCU, ensure consistent availability of required HIV commodities at supported facilities in designated Local Government Areas of the state
- Ensure adherence to pharmacy related guidelines, SOPs, job aids and protocols at supported facilities in designated Local Government Areas of the state
- Ensure the availability and proper use of the ART LMIS tools at supported facilities in designated Local Government Areas of the state
- Facilitate timely submission of all LMIS report by supported facilities in designated Local Government Areas of the state
- Ensure proper monitoring and retention of devolved patients in Care in designated Local Government Areas of the state
- Track the movement of patients between from Hub facilities to different models of Care and between models in designated Local Government Areas of the state
Min Required Experience: 2 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
Pharm or Pharm. D degree, Registered Pharmacists with minimum of 2 years progressive experience in Managing HIV, TB or Malaria programs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title – Location.
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th October, 2017.