Siemens, is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Workshop Manager
Req ID: 280511
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- This position is responsible for assisting & providing leadership and direction to the Service Centre personnel.
- The Deputy Workshop Manager works closely with the Repair Centre Manager to ensure Siemens goals and objectives are met and accomplished.
- This position is also responsible for setting strategies to grow the Services business.
Responsibilities and Duties
Safety, Quality, and the Environment:
- Responsible for creating a safe and friendly work environment
- Responsible for ensuring quality and safety companywide and ensuring environmental policies are being followed by all personnel
- Works safely and adheres to all policies and procedures
- Responsible to attend and participate in all safety meetings
- Responsible for completing Safety Reporting (i.e.: BBAs), ensuring Services Team completes required Safety Reporting, and correcting any safety concerns observed
- Understands and adheres to the Siemens safety culture and environment
- Responsible for supporting Services Team by understanding processes and provide training on job flow processes and systems
- Ensures Services Team is following proper processes and procedures in completion of work
- Coordinates manpower for the Repair Centre including shop personnel and support personnel
- Manages tracking of project execution schedule
- Identifies new equipment requirements to improve efficiency and AFE creation
- Responsible for ensuring Services Team follows local and corporate policies and procedures
- Evaluates shop assessments and ensures and Workshop Technicians are completing appropriate paperwork
- Responsible for tracking on-time deliveries and ensuring client quality specifications are being adhered to
- Responsible for understanding of the margins and expectations of the different product lines
- Responsible for the liaison with clients and Siemens and is directly involved in improving relationships with customers as needed
- Responsible for ensuring communication on technical requirements of repairs are of high standard and meeting both internal and external customer needs
- Involved directly in Client discussions, as required
- Facilitates quality and safety discussions with clients.