International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
We are therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: GBV Case Worker
Location: Damboa, Dikwa, Maiduguri, Borno
Slots: Damboa (1), Dikwa (2), Maiduguri (6)
- The Case Worker will be responsible for case management and psychosocial support of vulnerable women, and girls including survivors of gender based violence, in the project sites in Maiduguri, Jere and Konduga
- Provide direct, one-on-one and ongoing case management services, including safety planning
- Provide direct, one-on-one emotional support to survivors throughout case management process including final case evaluation and closure
- Provide referrals for survivors to other services including child protection and specialized mental health services, accompany of survivors where appropriate and conduct follow- up to ensure appropriate services have been provided to the survivor.
- Identify gaps in referral services and report these gaps to the GBV Manager for action.
- Liaise with community volunteers for purposes of survivor follow-up as part of case management to individual survivors.
- Ensure survivor-centered services, including adherence to guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, safety and security and non-discrimination
- Complete and maintain case management records to maximize confidentiality and safety
- Participate in case review meetings and referral coordination meetings if needed
- Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Conduct an analysis of trends of GBV incidences and related information on a quarterly basis and present report to the GBV manager for advocacy and program future program
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.