Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Radio Operator will be based in Monguno, Borno State and report to the Base Logistician.
- The Radio Operator will be focal point for VHF and HF communication on field missions according to needs and SOPs.
- He/she will also organize scanning, photocopying and saving of all SCM documents, financial documents and program documents as well as carry out office assistant duties.
- Ensure all security advisories from the field co are immediately relayed to the staff and immediately report sensitive/security related matters to the supervisor or Field Coordinator.
- Report any disrespect of SOPs from any staff/team to the Field Coordinator.
- Training new staff/visitors on the use of VHF and HF radios.
- Ensure all VHF/HF base and hand held stations are in good working condition.
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment as well as office notice board.
- Maintain the radio logbook (location, date and hour of important messages or events) as indicated on SOPs.
- Arrange accommodation bookings for visiting staff as well as assist the Base Logistician in maintaining inventory of assets within the office and guest accommodation.
- Assist in extracting and maintaining data and files from various sources within administrative, human resource, procurement, logistics and Action Against Hunger systems.
- Assist in the supervision of office cleaner/cook and casual workers.