APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Superintendent - Stores
Ref No: AT-156125
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Ensure that the Storeroom is maintained and operated in an efficient and organized manner, and in accordance with written procedures and good storeroom practices.
- Maintain and control inventory levels so that there is neither excessive stock nor a situation where materials and equipment are not available when needed. Ensures that an effective method of inventory management is in place, and that ABC analysis is utilized.
- Ensure Daily transactions (Receipts, issues) are updated on a Daily basis in ERP.
- Supervise the distribution of materials, equipment and supplies in the organization.
- Provide supervision and direction for the Stores Section
- Ensure that the electronic database of parts and supplies is maintained daily.
- Interact with Technical Manager, Maintenance Planners, Purchasing department on Parts requisition taking into consideration minimum stock level , minimum order quantity, PM schedule , Lead time to Delivery.
- Provide Purchasing Officer with sufficient lead time to obtain needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Advise CFO / GM Technical whenever a serious parts shortage or other problem arises.
- Periodically, conduct physical inventory to reconcile ordered items, items on hand, and used items.
- Ensure the entire team understands and complies with Terminal HSE policy and Fatal 5 as part of Operational risks which is one of the core element of safety management framework.
- Deliver by following specific policies in the management of the stores & ensuring that inventory is maintained in a usable manner as this directly affects the terminal cash flow.