- Senior Consultants, must be internationally rated, i.e. have worked internationally and/or on internationally-funded projects,
- Must have led teams or else been self-managed with a distinct product such as sole or lead authorship of reports or publications,
- Must at least have a relevant Master’s Degree or higher qualification with 15 to 25 years of relevant work experience.
- Should at least possess a Postgraduate Degree with 6 to 15 years of relevant work experience.
- In addition, they should have a strong record of written outputs,
- Experience working on research projects funded by DFID and/or international donors preferred.
- Experience working in Nigeria preferred.
- Should at least have a Postgraduate Degree with 3 to 5 years of experience in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent research skills; written and oral communication skills.
Entry level Consultants:
- Should at least have an Undergraduate (preferably a postgraduate) Degree with 1 to 3 years working experience, should have good research skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Individuals should have the following functional skills and competencies:
- Ability to conduct independent primary and secondary research, analyse research data and produce high level proposals and reports.
- Ability to provide policy advice and recommendations.
- Understand basic political economy concepts and be able to distinguish between formal and informal government processes
- In-depth knowledge on development issues in Nigeria and have commitment and drive for development work.
- Excellent analytical aptitude, oral communication, writing and presentation skills.
Individuals should also have the following management and leadership abilities to:
- Work flexibly and respond quickly to feedback;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
- Build strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Deliver timely on engagements.
- Proven ability to succeed in a multi-cultural environment.
- Senior level Consultants should be able to lead teams and resolve problems efficiently.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s/Resume and a Cover Letter
Candidates should submit along with this application two writing samples of previous work (If co-authored, must show own distinct contribution)
Candidates are requested to mention their interested area of expertise (refer to thematic areas listed above) in subject line of their application.
Application Deadline: 16th March, 2018.