Responsible for developing and implementing media relations programme, including strategy, planning and implementation.
The ideal candidate will have a deep-rooted understanding of the Nigeria decision making process, sound project and time management skills and be capable of engaging with different stakeholder groups.
The position will require strong organizational skills, political insight and the ability to work with experts to ensure messaging can be understood by journalists and their readers within the Nigeria policy sphere and culture.
The Media Relations & Communication Manager will coordinate and work closely with colleagues in Business Groups and Business Units and will support them as needed.
The Media Relations & Communication Manager will be based in Lagos and will report to the Director of Nigeria Public Relations.
- Lead all aspects of Client's Nigeria media relations programme, including strategy, planning and implementation.
- Ensure press activities align with overall communication efforts.
- Work with experts to ensure messaging can be understood by journalists and their readers within the Nigeria policy sphere.
- Conceive, create and deliver at a high level of quality on all assigned communications outputs, including press releases, op-eds, fact sheets and briefing notes.
- Effectively orchestrate face-to-face press activity such interviews and press conferences and briefings
- Write, edit and publish content for news section of website