Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and a European office in Brussels, Belgium, SFCG’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 600 staff worldwide, SFCG implements projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff that is committed to its mission and values. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
- Our Program in Nigeria We launched our programs in Nigeria in 2004. Now in 2017, the country program has offices in Abuja, Jos, Maiduguri, and Yola.
- We work with partners in target states of the country to support peaceful resolution of conflict. Each program is adapted to specific local context and conflicts, and all apply common ground tools from our toolbox.
- Search has established a permanent presence in Abuja as an operational base and all our Nigeria offices are currently supporting a host of programs with activities that include capacity building, dialogues, peace architecture, media programming, participatory theatre and collaborative joint activities.
- A knowledgeable Data Analyst that will support the Conflict Analyst to perform analysis of data collected through the ICT based early warning system, as well as the monitoring and evaluation data base, to inform program design and implementation, and develop conflict analysis products.
- This position currently has no supervision responsibilities.
- SFCG projects in Nigeria currently cover Plateau, Nasarawa, and Kaduna states in the Middle Belt, and Borno and Adamawa in the North East.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Conflict Analyst and, in close coordination with the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) Manager.
- The position will be based in Abuja, with possible travel to the field.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support data organization and management to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of early warning and early response (EWER) and DMEL data;
- Visualize and present findings from analysis in user friendly and accessible formats;
- Develop data products from results of analysis including newsletters, bulletins, among others;
- Produce data product for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual conflict analysis products and any other analysis as requested.
- Interpret EWER data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
- Interpret DMEL data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in data sets, as well as proffer projections as needed;
- Provide actionable recommendations for prioritizing project and organizational information needs;
- Contribute to Search Nigeria’s internal and external communications, and visibility.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Min Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Masters
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Information Management, Public Health, Social Sciences or related disciplines;
- Proven experience of analyzing and visualizing qualitative and quantitative data;
- Minimum of three (3) years to five (5) years of work experience in data management, analysis, and visualization;
- Prior experience analyzing data for peace building research or projects will be an added advantage;
- Collaborative working style that enables synergy across Search projects, and locations.
Required core Skills:
- Excellent knowledge and application of MS-Excel (including using pivot table) is a key requirement
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Strong attention to details and accuracy;
- Excellent knowledge and application of data software such as STATA, SPSS, SAS, Nvivo, Dedoose and R, among others.
- Manage the maintain cloud maps for various purposes.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace;
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Use link to apply