The University of Ibadan (UI) established in 1948, first as a constituent College of the University of London, became a full fledged University in 1962 and has continued to blaze the trail as the foremost Nigerian University and the crucible of human capacity development in Nigeria and indeed sub-Saharan Africa. On account of its size, the numbers of faculties and institutes, huge number of courses both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and competent reach to the large society through the output and community services, UI remains the flagship of higher education in Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the postion below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Governing Council of the University of Ibadan hereby announces that the position of Registrar will be vacant by 10 April, 2018.
- ln accordance with the provisions of the University (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 (as amended by Decree No. 25, 1996) and by the University (Miscellaneous) (Amendment) Act, 2003 and 2012 respectively, and in exercise of its power as contained therein, the Governing Council wishes to commence the process of filling the impending vacancy.
- By virtue of the University of lbadan Act 1962 as amended and other enactments, the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University (other than academic and financial affairs).
- Indeed the Registry is the window through which the general “state of health or otherwise” of the University can be viewed from within and outside.
- Wth a College of Medicine, 16 faculties, several Institutes/Centres, and some 110 academic departments and other service units, the Registrar carries a huge and enormous responsibility.
- Promotion of the welfare and discipline of a thriving workforce comprising 1,522 Academic staff and 4,275 non-teaching staff relies largely on the capability and quality leadership the Registrar can provide.
- The Registrar is the Secretary to Council, Senate, Convocation and Congregation.
- The Registrar is the repository of University documents/records and the archives of our past.
- By virtue of this responsibility, the Registrar has an enviable carriage in the larger society and thus honor, privilege and respect deserving of the occupant of the office.