The Manager Power, Technology & Support is responsible for energy and power efficiency programs
and also to implement energy efficiency strategies. He or She will ensure that overall cost efficiency
(Power and Fuel) and network availability increases with general refurbishment and developmental
projects within the allocated budgets. The role will be responsible for:
• reducing utilities operational and capital cost to the business through evaluation and
certification of new utility technology.
• reducing power related faults in the entire network due to poor/lack of energy planning.
• supporting the development of Clients Site Build Specifications.
• Create and compile site and power audit templates. Supervise and manage field teams
responsible for the site and power audits, power efficiency projects and/or general refurbishment.
• Responsible for the analysis and verification of site and power audit reports received from field
teams and use recommendations based on data received from audits to improve power
efficiencies across Clients Nigeria network.
• Responsible for refurbishment of energy solutions to phase out obsolete systems for reducing
power and fuel cost and providing detailed AC/DC Power Upgrade designs and solutions to
support customer requirements.
• Implement energy optimization and utility strategies.
• Develop, coordinate and administer goals, objectives and procedures for providing effective and
efficient energy services solutions for the business.
• Research and prepare technical and administrative reports.
• Presentations to the stakeholders on any new technology or technologies.
• Design technical recommendations for colocation tenants and provide support on colocation
• Supervise comprehensive power audit to ensure adequate capacity on all power infrastructures
such as (DG’s, Rectifiers, BB, etc.) for prospective colocation tenants and upgrades for existing
• Develop processes to continuously track power efficiencies on all sites and reduce overall
generator run hours.
• Conduct Techno-economic feasibility studies for new solutions and drive implementation of agreed
• Implement Clients Design specifications and standardize accordingly across the country.
• The employee shall comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation
in Nigeria, and shall also comply with Clients Nigeria’s policies and procedures including
occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that
may be introduced from time to time.
• All employees must live Clients Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way
in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
• To work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote Clients Nigeria’s
overall business objectives
• To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
• To perform any other duty as directed by line management.
• Other duties as assigned by line manager.
• Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Human Resources. This includes on-boarding
and orientation for new hires in the below category:
- Power Solution Specialist
- Opex Optimization Specialist
- Utility Efficiency Specialist
- Site Remote Monitoring Specialist
• Supervise and manage their performance and growth within the organization.
• Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources.
• Provide disciplined performance management for the team. Define and communicate annual
goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews and ensure changes and updates are
communicated in a timely and professional manner.
• Create strong collaborative team environment.
• Strong problems and resolution skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, ensuring that projects are clearly defined, systematically
executed, and results oriented.
• Ability to manage the various internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to identify problems on all relevant components of telecom site equipment and
• Advanced data analytical skills.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint).
• Proven knowledge and ability to analyze and solve complex logical problem.
• Adherence to Project Management best practices, processes, and standards within the
organization are required.
• Established skills to coach and mentor less experienced Telecom Engineers.
• Capable of working independently and delivering appropriate and timely feedback to senior
team members and management as required.
• Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
• Must be willing to travel and be available to provide support always.
• Must have good presentation skills and result oriented.
• Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the Clients
Nigeria organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
• Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with
internal and external customer needs as needed.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and
suggestions clearly and effectively.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon
timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
• Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and
external customers and vendors.
• Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department
requests as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying
high quality solutions.