This individual must be able to inform and entertain the audience by presenting information, news, documentary or entertainment with flair in an attractive way. You will cast news, introduce, host (or co-host) a programme, create links between items, introduce and interview guests and interact with the audience.
· Research topics and background information for items to be featured on the programme
· Plan and rehearse shows
· Write and sometimes memorize scripts / read from a script or autocue, or improvise
· Liaise with other members of the production and technical teams
· Interview guests in the studio, by telephone or on location
· Play music
· Present news, traffic, sports or weather reports
· 'Drive' the desk and operate some of the technical equipment for recording and playback, using computers to cue up and play music and jingles - in live studio environment
· Keep the programme running to schedule, responding positively and quickly to problems or changes and improvising where necessary
· Meet with the production crew to assess or review the broadcast and to plan the next broadcast.