The applicant must be able to gather materials for news, write news stories that will interest both broadcast and online audience. The applicant must have nose for news including economic and business news items and must consult different sources to ensure that all sides of arguments are represented in the news report. Must keep the audience abreast of events locally, nationally and globally.
· Sourcing, collection of news including business and economic news
· Establishing and maintaining news contacts as well as undertaking special reports, sponsorship, supplements and marketing.
· Write, edit, proofread and file news stories, features/articles and must be able to give additional information thereby improving the value of the news reports.
· Verifying statements and facts
· Cover various news events including seminars, conferences and conduct investigations and interviews for creating an exclusive news stories.
Min Required Experience: 2 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Requirements and Skills:
· News Writing, Editing and Communication Skills are key
· Ability to work under pressure without making mistake is important
· Knowledge of history, political and social issues at local, national and international levels is essential