Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Our new Project Manager must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree required with preference given to Construction Management, Structural/civil Engineering, Building Construction or Architecture
- Experience in construction management, project management; with preference given to commercial and/or residential multifamily developments
- 7+ years related experience in construction.
- Track record of proven techniques and practices of project management and construction supervision over various aspects of design and construction phases for relevant projects.
- Successful start to end completion of large scale project.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans, specifications, BOQs.
- Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Background in reviewing architectural and engineering drawings to ensure specifications and regulations are followed is preferred.
- Must be able to manage budgets, timelines and construction schedules with an extreme attention to detail, and grade a quality
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees and management
- Must possess good business judgment; an understanding of legal issues and contracts
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Program, Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCad and the Internet. Ability to type 40+ wpm.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or scheduled form.
- Can develop justifications of requirements/business case and participate in budget process
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Must be able to effectively supervise outside vendors in a manner that supports the firm’s goals, timeframes and expectations. This includes demonstrated acumen in negotiation of contracts and terms
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, construction procedures, estimating and scheduling practices.
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and manage expectations accordingly
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Resume and a project list with a detailed explanation of role in each project, including duration within each project (ie. Start to completion, start to mid-project, etc) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.