Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior SCM Tender Engineer
Vacancy ref: 58269
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Business Unit or Division: Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Description of Function
- For all activities to be performed in Nigeria and/or abroad as required, the Senior SCM Tender Engineer shall organise and manage the work with Suppliers and Subcontractors to collate all technical, commercial and contractual information/data/proposal needed to prepare the SCM package including SCM Execution plan, PMT, SCM Control Plan, Bid comparisons and Subcontractor & Vendor List and ensure SCM package is transmitted to the Tender Project team.
- Implement and work to approved rules & principles, procedures and work instructions in accordance with Nigerstar7 processes and Business Conduct Policy.
- Attend the Tender SCM Kick Off Meeting.
- Define together with Tender Lead and Engineer the scope of work expected from SCM (SCM Control Plan).
- Maintain the SCM Control Plan up to date.
Review and validate with the SCM Management:
- Proposed bidder list based on Company and Nigerstar7 approved Suppliers Lists and in accordance with Group SCM strategy.
- Benchmark/RFQ strategy
- Estimated budget for each Item
- Issue ITT to approved Bidders based on requisitions “Approved for Enquiry”.
- Ensure identification and engagement of reliable Nigerian owned suppliers/Subcontractors in accordance to Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board requirements and expectations.
- Where required, ensure non-exclusivity Memorandum of Agreement is prepared and signed by Nigerstar7 and suppliers/subcontractors for better technical edge.
- Ensure the enquiries are issued in line with contractual requirements, Nigerstar7 procedures and standard templates, liaising with Engineering lead for review of technical clarifications or deviations.
- Ensure that the provisions of the Main Contract are flowed down to Suppliers/Subcontractors in the Special Terms and Conditions.
- Ensure technical and commercial discussions with Suppliers and Subcontractors take place in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ensure overall coordination on the Tender between SCM, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Legal activities and QC.
Manage the interface with Engineering for tendering by:
- Transmitting all Suppliers technical qualifications to the Engineering Lead Engineer
- Organising meeting with Engineering for technical qualifications review
- Transmitting SCM technical qualifications to Tender Project Team
- Following Client’s responses with Engineering Lead Engineer and Suppliers.
- Perform commercial and contractual analysis, schedule evaluation of bids, and incorporate technical evaluation from Engineering. Finalise the bid summary and make recommendations to the Tender Project Manager for technically acceptable solutions.
- Issue for approval and review bid comparisons (including SCM Tender Summary) and transportation plan with SCM Management prior to Tender Board stage.
- Attend to the Tender price review.
- Ensure standard SCM package including SCM Execution plan, PMT, Control Plan, Bid comparisons and complete Nigerstar7 Subcontractor & Vendor List is transmitted to the Tender Project team.
- Identify clearly Supplier prices validity, allowances and risks (Contract ones).
- Ensure follow up of this SCM package validity, allowances and risks. Raise alert when necessary. This until final award or final rejection of our offer.
- In case of award, prepare a “Tender hand over check list” incorporating SCM lessons learnt and analytical data related to SCM activities. A meeting will be organised with the nominated Project SCM Lead/Manager to explain the strategy and the history of this Tender.
- Issue a short list of lessons learned for each tender, record bid results.
Authority / Dimensions:
Negotiations with all Subcontractors/Suppliers.
- Professional Bodies : All Subcontractors/Suppliers in and out Nigeria
- Customers : Through PMT
- Joint Venture Partners : For Subcontracting synergies
- SCM Management
- SCM Team
- Tender Project Manager
- Tender Control Manager
- Engineering Lead,
- Estimating Engineer
- Risk Engineer
- SCM Commodity Leads
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Capacity Profile-Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- First Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related courses
- Professional member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management
- 5-7 Years minimum in Supply Chain Management
- Experience in Offshore business is a plus.
The majority of the work is carried out in the main office of Nigerstar 7 in Lagos.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Use link to apply online