Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in Mass Communication, or in Journalism, or in any adjuncts of Mass Communication, which is obtained from any recognized or reputable University.
- Applicants must be authorities in the field of communication with not less than 25 scholarly publications reflecting a spread in local, national and international outlets.
- Applicants must also have had at least Eight (8) years University full-time teaching and research experience as well as substantial professional experiences and stints in any media organisations..
- It is expected that applicants will have reckonable abilities to initiate a unique research agenda for the Department. Professional, academic and administrative experiences combined are therefore essential requisites for any potential successful applicants because applicants are expected to provide strong academic and professional foundation for the emergent Department. Membership of any professional association like NIPR and APCON will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must also be computer literate.
Appointment will be on probation for two years after which it may be confirmed on grounds of satisfactory services. The position is pensionable.
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a photocopied set of their credentials and Fifteen (15) typewritten copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving the information listed here-under and addressed to:
Summit University, Offa,
Offa - Kwara State.
Curriculum Vitae Information Format
- Full Name
- Post Desired and Department
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Cell Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Pure Academics Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Scholarship and prizes at University, Secondary or Technical level only-starting with the latest Training Programme Attended (period of training and college, Describe Courses taken starting with the latest)
- Honours, Distinction and Membership of learned professional Societies (starting with latest)
- Working Experiences (General and Specific Experiences: Starting with the latest)
- Research interests or Commissioned Projects:
- Completed (Starting with latest)
- In progress (list)
- List of Publications with Details Title, Publishers, or journals dates and pages (where applicable)
- Major Conferences and workshop attended with paper read (starting with the latest)
- Information on Fellowship, Master’s project and Ph.D Thesis Supervised - (To include the following) (starting with the latest):
- Title of Thesis
- Name of student
- Date/year of Commencement
- Completed/Ongoing (Anticipated date of Completion)
- Sole/Collaborative Supervision
- Details of Administrative Experiences
- Teaching Experiences
- Services to the Community (With status and Date)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer:
- Extra Curricular Activities:
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields) it is the duty of the candidate to inform the referees to forward their reference directly to the Registrar.
- All candidates should indicate post desired and department on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.