Job Title: Procurement Officer- Based outside Lagos
Who We Are
Bridge believes every child has the right to high quality education and works in partnership with governments, communities, parents and teachers to deliver education to over 100,000 children in underserved communities across Africa and Asia.
Bridge leverages in-depth teacher training and support, advanced lesson plans and wireless technology to provide pupils with a meaningful and life-changing education.
Globally, there is an education crisis. Around 263 million children and young people are not in school and the number of primary school aged children not in school is increasing. Bridge is committed to helping tackle this through a data driven, evidence based approach that delivers strong schools and a great education for all.
The Bridge Approach
Education is in crisis in many countries around the world. It is estimated that 264 million children and young people are out of school, and 330 million children are in school but not learning. In addition, an extra 69 million teachers are needed to achieve the 2030 UN education goals.
Many education systems are plagued with inadequate materials and poor management systems, all leading to chronic teacher absenteeism and a lack of learning. Education reform is challenging but it is urgently required if we are to prevent another generation of children missing out. So, we work in partnership with governments, NGOs and non-state actors to address the huge education imbalance between what is available and what is needed right now — we work to bridge the gap.
We believe parents have the right to choose a school for their children and we enable families to enjoy seeing their children learn, improve and flourish at Bridge schools. We locate our schools in some of the most disadvantaged communities in the world. Families in our communities can be earning just $1.90 per person a day; a level the World Bank notes is at extreme poverty. By putting learning at the centre of all we do, Bridge has become an extremely popular choice for underserved families and low-income communities.
With plans to enroll ten million students ten years from now, Bridge offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting and ambitious social enterprises, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies.
[Supply Chain/Procurement Officer]
As our Procurement Officer, you are an important member of the team that sources and obtains strong pricing across the various areas that we need items for – chiefly our academies, as well as for HQ functions. You uphold the highest standard of conduct.
This is a key position within the company’s Supply Chain team with important linkages to many other department.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, tools and guidelines to ensure effective and efficient procurement processes in the company and to assure seamless procurement services
- Seek, evaluate and recommend reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality goods or services at reasonable prices
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, contractors and other partners within the procurement services chain to create partnerships that add value
- Negotiate prices, lead times and other contractual terms with suppliers in Nigeria and other parts of the world as may be required
- Review and embed with user departments the technical specifications for all materials required for school operations, equipment or construction requirements
- Closely oversee the acquisition of materials needed for production of learning and training requirements, general supplies for offices and facilities, equipment, and construction contracts while ensuring visibility of the process at each stage.
- Work with department managers and other staff to forecast demand of procurement services and to ascertain that goods are received as ordered and payments processed only for certified confirmations of deliveries or service.
- Budget, report and analyse procurement costs to ensure high visibility and control of procurement related expenses.