The Senior Manager, Property (Asset Management) is responsible for Landlord relationship of our clients Nigeria owned and managed sites as well as participate in the delivery of collocation projects. He/She will be responsible for the leadership of the Asset Management team; Managers, Coordinators and Land Lease Specialists with direct responsibility for sites, and the team of external contractors to achieve our clients Nigeria’s strategic direction.
The incumbent will work closely with the Head of Property to provide guidance and make recommendations in the management of key initiatives and programs supporting the strategic objectives of the organization towards seamless management of asset management.
• Managing assets across Nigeria, will provide leadership, direction and will communicate/present ideas and requirements to all levels to optimize the property portfolio.
• Work with the Head of Property to develop a value add approach to real estate within the business
• Ensure lease agreements are executed and maintained compliantly.
• Develop execution plans for property input in collocation projects, optimizing our clients Nigeria value.
• Manage project(s) scope, control lease costs and schedule and ensure compliance with contract documents, whilst always ensuring alignment with business requirements.
• Ensure the optimum operation of assets leveraging vendor partners to deliver safe and compliant environments that meet the needs of the stakeholders.
• Leverage the marketplace, as well as existing relationships, to maximize value with suppliers.
• Work with regional and wider teams (Operations, Capital Projects, Engineering, Legal, Supply Chain) to manage leases, capital projects and operations of facilities.
• Provide a proactive approach to the management of the Assets at Risk register.
• Drive the shift towards electronic payments for all landlord rents.
• Asset Desk - ensure active management of the tickets escalated in Footprints particularly on VIP sites.
• Data Management - responsible for the integrity of Asset Manager data, monitoring compliance with document storage in Pre-OTM/OTM & and the units regression testing, etc.
• Responsible for fostering and managing relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Provide regular reports to management detailing project performance, staffing updates and new business opportunities.
• Evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency of execution of asset management & permit program.
• Serve as a point of contact for the landlord, community and/or government agencies.
• Managing permit agencies.
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Not Specified
Desired Courses: Not Specified
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE and COMPETENCIES
• Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout our clients Nigeria organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
• Advanced working knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Law & Practice.
• Excellent knowledge of land acquisition, documentation and Permitting Laws and Practices of Nigeria.
• Ability to read and interpreted legal documents; ground leases, legal descriptions, survey, block plans, easements, purchase contracts, etc.
• Demonstrated success in identifying and synthesizing customer needs into a concise, clear and influential presentation. Can teach others how to do so as well.
• Ability to work effectively across many internal functional groups to optimize product offerings, create a seamless customer experience and resolve issues.
• Self-motivated; Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying high quality solutions.
• Ability to identify strong talent and build individual and management capability.
• Excellent planning skills; Ability to effectively manage priorities for self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• Excellent leadership skills; Ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results; Ability to influence and inspire action.
• Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of set goal and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful solution sets
• Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
• Excellent strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A good bachelor’s degree in Land Management/Development Planning, Estate Management. Advanced degrees an advantage.
• Minimum of ten (10) or more years of experience in Telecommunications Site Acquisition/Property Management.
• 5+ years senior management experience.