- Fluency in English & French, both written and spoken.
- Proven writing, editing, and analytical skills and the keenest eye for detail.
- Demonstrable and significant operational NGO safety experience.
- Personal and professional resilience in a fast moving, high output, quality-driven programme.
- Experience in the humanitarian, and/or risk management and/or humanitarian access sectors.
- Independent drive, motivation, and excellence, and ability to operate and sustainably manage staff and teams under strict systems and deadlines.
- Well-developed personal, personnel, organisational and team management skills and standards.
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Graduate level education in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years spent in insecure/conflict-affected environments with progressive seniority.
- A year’s recent experience working in the Lake Chad Basin, ideally in an NGO safety role or equivalent - and demonstrable understanding of the context.
- Prior experience in an inter-agency role.
- Employment history that reflects experience in both security and civilian fields.
- Experience in staff capacity development and training.
- Experience with NGO security and project management, including donor relations.
- Existing information networks and/or local language skills.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener.
- An effective communicator.
- Excellent analyst.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A people manager.
Terms & Conditions
12-month contract with expected start date in March 2017, €5000 per month salary, 4 days annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months, global medical coverage, AD&D coverage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below with the subject of the mail: "INSO Deputy Director, OPS, LCB"
The following documents must contain the two (2) following documents:
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, any preferred characteristics, your motivation for applying, and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Updated CV (2 pages maximum).
- One relevant and substantive writing sample in English that demonstrates your analytical and report writing abilities (10-page maximum).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.