Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading offshore vessel support company that provides marine logistics solutions to the global energy industry. We operate in the Caspian, Middle East, West Africa and subsea markets with a fleet of over 100 vessels and a team of over 1800 people.
Nigeria- together with our local partners Team Offshore Nigeria Limited, Topaz has been building its presence in Nigeria, where a large part of our West African fleet operates from a base in Onne. Our global experience and systems, combined with local knowledge and expertise are proving integral in supporting national players and major IOCs in developing the country’s natural resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title Technical Superintendent
Direct Reporting Line: Fleet Superintendent
- To support and manage, in the most cost effective and efficient way, the repairs, maintenance and general upkeep of the assigned fleet, as per class and flag state requirement
- Responsible for providing maintenance support in a port or offshore setting and will oversee completing breakdown and/or defects and managing a group of third party service suppliers.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership to all Operations and Vessels Personnel
- Actively engage with all employees on HSE related issues.
- Promote open dialogue between all employees and departments on means to drive and improve safety performance.
- Provide a link between Fleet Superintendent and ship based management concerning safety and pollution prevention
- Participate in and provide input to HSE related meetings and inspections.
- Promote the Company’s Control of Work processes and safe working practices.
- Actively partake in safety meetings, to encourage constructive discussion and to drive engagement.
- Assist in the investigation of incidents, as directed
- Be the first point of contact for on board staff, including the identification of possible engineering flaws and strive to fix them or delegate tasks in a timely manner
- Complete (un)planned maintenance tasks on a regular basis and follow specific maritime protocols
- Perform technical inspections of vessels during port call for repair & maintenance standards and procedures
- Coordinate repair and maintenance functions for assigned fleet to minimize loss of revenue and cost of repairs
- Review repair request and compare request with previous work accomplished on ship concerned and similar vessels to determine that expenditures are economically sound
- Attend to vessels during port calls, ensuring the proper allocation of available resources to complete technical work lists/defect report list
- Ensure the timely correction of all technical defects reported by all vessels and providing ship’s crew with shore assistance as required
- Keep track of the technical administration received from the vessels as directed
- Ensure that the planned maintenance system is relevant and up to date on all assigned vessels, as per Company requirements.
- Attend all classification/client surveys including rectification of any recommendations and/or deficiencies as a result of the above surveys within the given time frame
- Act as first point of contact for port call maintenance & repair.
- Engage in hands on repairs and improvement projects
- Assist with the preparation of repair and dry dock specs along with Technical Supt, Master and Chief Engineer of the vessel.
- Liaise with contractors during repairs and dry docking with close communication to Shared Service Technical Dept.
- Run frequent tests inspections of the condition of machinery and equipment on the vessels to ensure maintenance and repair meet company requirements
- Inspect machinery, equipment or spaces outlined in work request, draw up job specifications and obtain bids from contractors or shipyards to perform repairs
- Maintain contact with contractors to ensure completion of work at minimum cost
- Conduct thorough technical interviews of engineering officer candidates, selecting suitable crew for assigned vessels
- Closely monitor the performance of the engineering team on board, completing regular performance appraisals for the Chief Engineers
- Highlight any high potential candidates or underperforming crew to the Fleet Superintendent so that competence/performance issues can be addressed in accordance with Company procedures
- Interface with ship’s crew daily to discuss shortfalls and insufficiencies related to the Ships Planned
- Maintenance System and validate new work orders
- Monitor all engineering work in progress for planned and
- unplanned maintenance and repairs for all allocated vessels
- Cooperate directly with the Port Captain and Operations personnel regarding the day today maintenance and repairs of the vessels
- Maintain records of engineering costs for each vessel, such as repairs, supplies, and personnel
- Actively involved in the Dry Dock preparation with close cooperation with Shared Service Technical Department.
Min Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Chief Engineer certification in compliance with STCW IΙΙ/2 or
- Mechanical/Electro Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Seagoing work experience as Chief Engineer/Marine Engineer with minimum class 2 certification with AHTS, Offshore Supply/Offshore tug/ Dive Support vessels or 2
- 3 years’ experience as Technical Superintendant or similar.
- DP vessel experience will be highly advantageous
Job Specific Skills:
- Microsoft Office (word, Excel and Projects), CAD and shipboard monitoring.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Use link to apply online