Catilas Resources Limited is an Outsourcing and Advisory Services Company. Our focus is to help our clients leverage their core capabilities to optimize market opportunities. Our clients benefits from our shared resource platform to reduce costs and enhance growth.
An agency of government established to provide affordable finance for home ownership is seeking to fill the under listed vacancies:
Job Title: Head of Finance & Planning
Overall function of the position:
The Head of Finance & Planning is responsible for the development of the financial and capital raising strategy whilst also providing leadership on the financial management of the Organisation. The Head of Finance & Planning reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and assists the CEO on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to finance, accounting & taxation, strategic planning, budget management, capital market analysis, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and securing of new funds.
Specific Duties of the position:
- Provide input in formulating, implementing and monitoring of the Organisation's strategic business objectives
- Develop the Organisation’s financial plan ensuring that the financial requirements implicit in the Strategy are adequately assessed and sustainable plans for resourcing these are in place.
- Oversee the utilization of funds of the organisation towards instilling confidence and attracting more investors and/or prepare returns to lenders from time to time as required by Loan Agreements;
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team while ensuring the implementation of financial best practices
- Oversee the issuance of financial information and reports financial results to the Board of Directors and Shareholders
- Provide financial advice on the organisation’s short, medium and long term cash/ funding situation and terms of subsidiary loan agreements to the management team and the Board.
- Prepare periodic statutory and management accounts
- Implement continuous financial monitoring and control systems to monitor the performance of the organisation’s flow of funds, adherence to the budget, the expenditures, the income, the cost of operations and other budgetary items
- Manage the performance of all staff in the Finance and Planning function
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts, arrange for debt and equity financing, invest funds and maintain Organisation’s portfolio.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organisation including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of contracts.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and business insurance plans.
- Direct the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including fixed assets and ensuring they are in accordance with federal regulations
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with IFRS, GAAP and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Oversee the preparation and collation of the annual budget for each department and monitor the implementation of the budget to minimize overruns
Min Required Experience: 8 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and a Master’s Degree in any business related discipline
- Minimum of 12 years post-graduation experience, 8 of which must have been in a Management position interfacing with the Executive team and Financial partners,
- Relevant professional qualifications such as, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) , Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent
- Experience of statutory financial reporting and knowledge of GAAP, IFRS
- Proven track record in construction and developmental projects
Skills and Competencies:
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Relationship Management
- Budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control
- Tax planning and Management
- Problem solving, numerical & analytical skills
- Risk Management
- Investment planning and portfolio Management
- Knowledge of relevant Accounting software
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial Management Reporting
- Corporate Finance
- Capital Raising and Treasury
Closing Date: 20th of July, 2018.