Equal Access International (EAI), a non-governmental organization headquartered in San Francisco, USA, empowers under-served communities in the developing world with critically needed information, education and leadership training. With funding from bi-laterals, multi-laterals, foundations, corporate and individual donors we implement innovative media and community outreach programs that inspire positive social change on issues such as women’s empowerment, human rights, global health issues, youth life skills & livelihoods, and civic participation & governance. EAI operates in Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, and has over 175 staff worldwide and a twelve-year track record implementing media and social change projects in challenging locations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports directly to: The Program Manager.
Summary of Role
- The M&E Officer will be responsible to lead, oversee, improve quality and ensure timeliness across all aspect of monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all EAI international Nigerian programs.
- However, in a dynamic and small NGO it is expected that from time-to-time, the post holder will support other activities of Equal Access International, as directed by the line-manager.
- The M&E Officer will build cordial and effective relationships with staff at the donor organization(s), ensuring deliverables are completed to high quality, on-time and within the terms of the grant agreement.
- The Officer will establish and maintain close working relationships with EAI staff to collect and provide monitoring and evaluation and reporting on program activities.
- This work will be coordinated with the Program Manager. The post holder will ensure program impacts are shared internally, to the donor and externally, as directed by the line manager. In addition, emphasis will be placed on lessons learnt and the provision of thorough analysis on a quarterly basis.
- The M&E Officer will monitor and ensure donor and internal rules, compliance procedures and local laws related to activities are adhered to at all times. Support the implementation of plans of activities related to projects or programs undertaken by the Nigeria country office, which include, but not limited to:
- Prepare and support research and partner events
- Prepare and administer training sessions
- Support all associated social media output
- Support the development of work plan and schedules
- Ensure timely and high quality information provided to donor
- Oversee the capturing and reporting of project successes.
- Assist Program team with the completion of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Program Manager and Program Officer, to develop concept papers, prepare proposals and implementation of work plans (including log frames, activity schedules, monitoring and evaluation schedules) for submission to donors and Equal Access management.
- Work effectively with sub-contractors, consultants and partners to produce and deliver M&E products, as directed by the line-manager.
- Document periodic reports, success stories, best practices, lessons learnt, challenges and means of overcoming them, and other M&E related material including infographics and fact sheets.
- Conduct scientific analysis of data to produce useful information and inferences that can support planning, implementation and reporting
- Take part in and present at project M&E meetings as required
- Work with program team to prepare monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports and other reports as required.
- Compile/collate major donor narrative reports and ensure timelines/deadlines are adequately signaled and relevant activities are delivered in time and within the budget.
- Design and implement short-questionnaire surveys, key informant interviews, focus-group discussions, and in-depth interviews to support data collection and results-based evidence production
- Work with the Program Manager and program team to develop and implement indicator tracking tables/systems.
- Undertake field visits to project districts as required, meet with project staff, partners and stakeholders, and capture interesting elements of the project that can be included within project reports.
- Provide program updates and information as required to senior management to assist with dissemination of information to key support staff, and major donors, as directed by the Program Manager.
- To provide a narrative of the results and planned activities on a monthly basis and to deliver reports as supervised by the Program Manager.
- Maintain the timeline of activities and reports for the donors in Nigeria
- Deliver on all expected M&E
Min Required Experience: 2 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS in relevant field required. MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience working with international organizations and a good knowledge of NGOs and other local development agencies will be considered an asset
- Proven knowledge preparing M&E reports and implementing complex, multi-faceted activities in Nigeria.
- Experience with conducting assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to meet program/grant objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Creativity and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access) and MIS system
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and social skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter indicating their reasons for interest in the position to email with "Monitoring and Evaluation Officer" in the subject line of the email.
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- This is a full-time position. Applicants must have the right to work in Nigeria.
- Equal Access does not provide sponsorship or pay relocation or housing costs.