Ngcareers is recruiting for fulltime Senior Manager - Transportation.
Our client, a renowned Nigerian Automobile company with a network of several operating branches across the country is recruiting for the position below:
Role: Senior Manager - Transportation
- Manage fleet of about 300+ trucks with their respective profit and loss accounts
- Manage the development of new business solutions such as Transportation, Distribution and Warehousing for clients at regional and national level.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures and overall motivated workforce to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class logistics solutions for multinationals
- Increase truck availability and turnaround time to enhance profitability level.
- Design a multi-billing system that tracks daily availability, monitor truck routine maintenance as well as track delays at clientele base to maximize profitability
- Manage client needs as stipulated in the contractual agreements ensuring their expectations are met and exceeded by continually seeking ways to improving the value chain
- Lead negotiations of new and major contracts; managing it from drafting, development to execution phase ensuring that all operational and commercial clauses are clearly reflective of actual capacity and business potentials
- Establish annual goal and objectives (including stretch targets) in coordination with long & short term corporate objectives through the development of departmental budget
- Explore finance options and manage relationship with the banks for expanding the transportation business that geared towards ensuring best return on investment.
Min Required Experience: 10 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualification and Key Competencies
- Candidate must be a BSc./B.Eng./HND with a minimum of 10+ years of experience leading teams in logistics and transportation management.
- High level provision of logistic services to FMCG in moving their products to their distributors
- Demonstrated leadership in implementing programs at a level which keeps domestic transportation aligned to performance targets and drives continuous improvement.
- Possesses sound knowledge and experience in successfully developing and deploying logistics strategies and driving cost-out through disciplined Project Management.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of P&L and operating performance metrics
- Strong analytical and structured problem solving skills
Remuneration: Attractive Salary plus variable pay
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: Victoria Island, Lagos
Nigeria's preferred career and employment site providing tools and insights for working professionals and graduates. With millions of monthly users and over 5,000 companies Ngcareers is the career...Know More about Ngcareers
Employees said "Its the "BEST" place to work".
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
1 Position - Not Specified