Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
Job: Technical Lead - Senior Solution Architect
Req ID: 251547
Location: Lagos, NG
- Drive End to End from Network Design to Acceptance on multiple technologies and multiple streams under the NDO domain, including but not limited to:
- Include link budgets analysis,
- Initial system design and dimensioning,
- System dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis,
- Coverage planning, site identification, evaluation, NW planning, interference analysis and optimization using EDOS DP.
- NW optimization to meet design targets and Final NW acceptance with customer
- Responsible for the analysis and enhancement of GSM/WCDMA/LTE networks. Responsibilities include
- Proposal for coverage/capacity enhancement,
- Network optimization to meet the acceptance target.
- Provide a Global Overview of the network status, identifying all potential actions to improve the network
- Customer engagement in advanced technical discussions to understand customer requirements and propose strategic advice and direction
- Provide Radio network strategic and architecture planning, ensuring robustness, scalability, interoperability, and appropriate technology
- Able to suggest parameter changes, features for KPI improvement GSM/WCDMA/LTE network.
- Responsible for Final Acceptance of the network, to meet the requirements coverage and KPI.
- Work across disciplines at any point in the project lifecycle, from strategy to design to implementation to operations and maintenance
- E2E process review to strengthen and optimize solutions, processes and methodologies leading to higher efficiency and quality assured delivery
- Engagement with Managed Services teams to plan and coordinate common activities and develop synergies leading towards common goals
- Setup governance processes to ensure all individuals and service centers (GSCs) from different project streams are performing at the expected levels and adhering to agreed SLAs
- Setup alignment, communication, and processes between NDO and other project streams including NRO, Sales, EP and MS
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Nigeria (NG) || || Lagos || IT
Req ID: 251547