LEAD ESC LTD – a foremost executive search company working on behalf of Kickstart International- a global non-profit social enterprise that develops and mass-markets low cost irrigation solutions for sale in developing countries with the aim of reducing poverty to small scale farmers; is looking to hire a highly experienced Regional Sales Head. He/She should be an enthusiast, whose interest is to drive business and enable such business to compete effectively in an increasingly competitive market and driven by passion to work with small scale farmers and create impacts through their economic empowerment through irrigation. The Regional role will cover Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal and Mali and other potential countries within West Africa for the products.
The perfect fit will assume the role of a Director in an international social enterprise focusing on small holder farmers, with offices in America and Africa.
The job holder will manage the entire regional team and own the sales of the client’s products – irrigation equipment targeted for small scale farmers.
The Regional Head will:
- Perform the due-diligence to understand the market potential and opportunities for the social enterprise irrigation products in West Africa- Nigeria, Ghana, Mali and Senegal.
- Create the market development and sales plans for specific-countries in West Africa. Lead and manage the implementation of the plan to ensure growth in sales, social impacts, market share, and profitability in West Africa. This will be done primarily through:
- the proper selection, development and management of a distributor network in each country
- Identification of partners in the NGO world and stakeholders that will boost the development of smallholder irrigation in West Africa.
- Recruit, manage, coach, and develop capacity of country sales representatives in Nigeria, Ghana and Mali to develop and promote the irrigation equipment.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of the company’s activities, finances and social impacts within the region.
- Responsible for setting a scalable and sustainable model for the company’s West Africa region
- Optimize the company’s economic sustainability in West Africa and support fundraising activities for West Africa
- Regular market assessment and pro-active development of country specific sales and marketing plans with Country Sales Representatives and distributors to maximize sales and impacts in the West Africa region. This includes sales plans, pricing policies, and promotional plans for each country.
- Actively promote the products through product demonstrations, product support and training for distributors, customers, thought leaders, and influencers.
- Actively manage customer and distributor accounts and collect outstanding receivables
- Develop and manage the operations budget for the region and provide monthly updated sales forecast (program design and implementation) and tactical issues.
- Establish an annual and long term Business Plan
- Open country programs and/or B2B programs in a variety of countries and design and implement the relevant model for each country
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support to the staff in other countries in the region.
- Work closely and coordinate with the Africa and US office
Between USD 2,500- 3,000 Monthly