West-Bay Nigeria a young and dynamic multidisciplinary integrated brand Communication Company aimed at helping brands both private and public achieve effective consistent and constantly growing brand equity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Graphic Designer I
Job Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
We are looking for a creative Graphic designer with up-to-date knowledge to interpret our clients’ needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. You will work on a variety of products, including websites, books, magazines; product packaging, websites, exhibitions, corporate identity etc. and you will cooperate with our designers and sales team.
Tasks are likely to include:
- finding out about the project requirements (taking a 'brief') estimating the time the project will require, and providing a cost quotation coming up with design concepts that fit the client's needs presenting options for design treatments creating final designs,
- Working to a deadline and budget amending designs according to the clients' final comments proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print.
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job estimating the time required to complete a job and providing quotes for clients.
- developing design briefs that suit the client's purpose thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design using innovation to redefine a design brief within time and cost constraints
- presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients or account managers
- working with a range of media, including computer aided design (CAD), and keeping up to date with emerging technologies proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print commissioning illustrators and photographers
- Working as part of a team with printers, sales team, photographers, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
Min Required Experience: 1 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Working hours are typically 10-11 hours a day, usually with some flexibility around start and finish times. You'll likely have to work extra hours when deadlines are approaching, including working into the early hours to get a job finished.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- At least OND
- Experience in Year:0
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
Basic Applications: Corel Draw and Photoshop