Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is recruiting for fulltime Operation Research Officer.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operation Research Officer
Job ID: 13-10176
Project/Program: A577 - PMI-S
Reports To: Senior M&E Technical Advisor
- The Operations Research Officer position is to mainstream research scientific tenacity in selected malaria project interventions so as to generate solid evidence for influencing decision-making at the community and health facility service-delivery points, project, partners and State and National Government levels..
- With support from the Senior M & E Advisor, Project Director and staff, lead development of project strategy for the conduct of operations research that avails models of malaria control that is effective and sustainable.
- Work with and guide the NMEP M & E team to identify, prioritize and select malaria operational research areas and topics;
- Support the NMEP to develop operational research concept notes (protocols and questionnaires) exploring research questions identified by NMEP and PMI using approved PMI OR concept note format and share with the PMI for review;
- Work closely with the PMI-S team and the NMEP to design and implement more elaborate studies that will strategically provide the project with the necessary evidence to demonstrate successful interventions and best practices within the communities MSH works in and the facilities we support.
- Support project staff in the analysis, preparation and submission of journal and conference abstracts and papers that contribute to the body of knowledge in malaria management and health systems strengthening.
- The Operations Research Specialist will be responsible for conducting and coordinating base-line, midterm, end-line surveys and rapid situation analysis and assessments of project interventions and monitor routine data collection to ensure high quality data of the project;
- Participate in authoring operation research reports, briefing notes, policy papers, and other materials as required;
- Take responsibility for regularly digging into the M&E data and flagging weaknesses and issues that require program attention.
- Develop and coordinate dissemination of operation research findings and follow-up activities, including providing substantive advice on the future direction of the program;
- Take responsibility for presenting research findings in a manner that attracts attention and action by policymakers and stakeholders at the community, health facilities, and state, national and international levels.
- Working with the PMI project team, develop any abstract or publication from the OR results and findings for presentation at conferences and seminars;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Min Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Masters
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced Degree in Epidemiology, Health Systems Research, Advanced Statistics or Social Sciences is a must.
- The candidate must be proficient in descriptive, inferential, and advanced statistical methods.
- A minimum of 3 years mid-level experience in conducting operations research and use of data to inform decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and other strategic initiatives in large internationally funded health programs is mandatory
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in malaria programs in Nigeria
- Familiarity with USAID reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for malaria control
- Experience in managing research involving multiple stakeholders and building capacity of others to undertake operations research will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in program management, health systems strengthening and malaria programming.
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and oral presentation skills.
- Must be hard working and skilled in taking on multiple task at the same time while marinating the highest quality achievable;
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills using statistical applications (SPSS, STATA, Epi-Info)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Management Sciences For Health (msh)
- Type: Nonprofit
- Headquarters: 200 Rivers Edge Drive Medford, Massachusetts 02155 United States
MSH, a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for gr...Know More about Management Sciences For Health (msh)
Employees said "Its the "BEST" place to work".
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
2 Positions - Not Specified