Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Project Overview and Role
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year project awarded to Palladium (formerly Futures Group) on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country and sub-national levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in the areas of family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. HP+ aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs.
HP+ will help public health and policy leaders attach higher priority to their national and sub-national health needs, secure sustainable financing, advance health equity, and monitor policy implementation to ensure gains stay on track. HP+ aims to secure long-term enduring change by working with coalitions both inside and outside of health and showing common cause with neglected populations and other development actors. Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments, and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
HP+ Nigeria is supporting state-level efforts to effectively capitalize on key health financing reforms, specifically the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF), by strengthening systems and structures to operationalize the fund, while also meet, and potentially exceed or improve performance to meet, the requirements of Primary Health Care Under One Roof (PHCUOR). Working in Abia, Osun, Ebonyi and the FCT, as well as some national-level support, HP+ Nigeria is looking to advance the following key objectives: (1) strengthen state-level governance, coordination, and synchronization to sustain stewardship and ownership of key health financing reforms; (2) identify and mobilize predictable and sustainable revenues for state-level health reforms; (3) improve transparency, accountability and efficiency of mobilized resources.
- The Finance Manager will be based in Ebonyi, Nigeria and will be responsible for financial management of the state office and ensuring compliance with the project’s operating procedures.
- The position will be supervised by the Ebonyi State Team Leader, with a dotted reporting line to the Finance and Operations Director, based in Abuja.
Reporting to the Ebonyi State Team Leader and Finance and Operations Director, the Finance Manager will:
- Ensure all finances are managed in alignment with the Nigerian government regulations, Palladium and client’s established policies and procedures.
- Review and maintain strong system of internal controls to ensure strict compliance with the project’s policies and procedures.
- Examine financial documents such as vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of the documents.
- Preparation and timely submission of monthly state fund transfer request in collaboration with the state team leader and other field technical staff.
- Ensure expenditures are in line with the forecast prepared and correct accounts and charge codes are use while processing payment.
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided, accurately and in a timely fashion. Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports on a timely manner.
- Uploading of approved payment to the banking portal and follow up with the National office to ensure timely payment.
- Supervise regular update of the office asset register.
- Support the conduct of annual financial audit at the state level.
- Ensure regular remittance of the statutory deductions to the relevant authorities.
- Supervises Operations Officer, Office Assistant and Drivers.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Ebonyi State Team Leader.
Min Required Experience: 8 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- A Bachelor's Degree (minimum), or a Master's Degree (desirable), in Accounting, Business Management, or other relevant field.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics).
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons.
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues.
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Proven experience in managing expenditure within budget.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2018.
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: 8D Thaba Tseka Street off Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Wuse II, Abuja Nigeria
Today, Palladium is a leader in developing and delivering positive impact. Our solutions transform lives, businesses, communities, societies and economies, creating enduring value.The Balanced Scoreca...Know More about Palladium Group