This role will ensure the solution is working as expected/documented by the BA without any errors or bugs (Functionality). Ensure the performance of the application is as expected & meets the need. Assure the ongoing operation and maintenance of the contracted software
The software tester provides an objective, independent view of the software to detect software failures so that defects may be uncovered and corrected. To ensure solution quality and allow the business to appreciate and understand the risks at implementation of the software.
· Assure the process for contracting software is adequate
· Perform acceptance testing on the software
· Analyze and define existing business processes and interdependencies.
· Analyze functional specs for completeness & testability.
· Define and document test strategies and scripts based on functional specs.
· Analyze test output, identify discrepancies and clearly document defects.
· Ensure requirements are testable.
· Recognize & document issues and propose options for issue resolution.
· Assist in the development and execution of test cases of all complexity and risk.
· Verifies that the application functions according to expected results and system requirements. Identifies problems, reports defects and test progress
· Familiar with coding standards and various technologies (VB, SQL, C, etc.).