- Establish the contact with the prison(s) and obtain permit to conduct prisons visit.
- Carry out prison visits to interview clients, identify the ;victims' needs and identify cases within the scope of the project.
- Monitor 12 cases of victims of torture aduring the project duration.
- Ensure an individual follow-up of approved cases and monitoring them by weekly phone contact.
- Carry out all the proceedings for the defence of the victims: prepare and file appropriate applications before the Court, be present at the hearings, obtain judgements in all project related cases, etc.
- Maintain contact with victims during and after conclusion of cases.
- Use pre-established tools and reporting methods for case documentation and monitoring.
- Monthly visits to stakeholders to promote interactions between judicial actors and ASF France.
- Preparation of high level meetings and agenda for the legal manager’s field visit and mission to the state.
- Preparation for logistics for trainings and project activities when scheduled within the state.
- Be part of a Franco-Nigerian legal team.
- Work under the supervision of the Head of Office and legal manager in charge of the Legal aid activity in Abuja.
- Must report to the ASF France office in Abuja and to ASF France legal team in France.
- Minimum of 8 years proven experience in litigation and active private legal practise.
- Proven experience in human rights litigation and rights enforcement mechanisms.
- Proven experience in prisons visit and interviews.
- Interest and passion for human rights law issues.
- Strong commitment to pro bono activities.
- Availability and strong commitment to handling cases to logical conclusions.
- Ability to secure and organize high level meetings within the state.
- Involvement in justice sector reform in the state.
- Service contract of 11 months
To apply: Send a résumé and cover letter by email before December 9, 2018 to:
Kindly indicate ‘Application- ProCAT Support Lawyer- Imo’ in the subject of the email, applications not so stated will not be reviewed.