Palladium Group is recruiting for contract Operations Officer - Nigeria IHP.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer (State) - Nigeria IHP
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- IHP is an Integrated Health Program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas, family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea.
- The Operations Officer (State) will work from the Abuja Country Office and provide operations support to the state offices.
- The Operations Officer (State) reports to the Senior Operations Manager and is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations and logistics of the state program, including local and in-country travel, local vendor relationships, and event and meeting arrangements.
Procurement and Contracts Management:
- In consultation with the project team, explore market and collect price quotations from suppliers and vendors
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders, consultant agreements, letter agreements, subcontract/agreements and/or sub-grants
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files of each consultant agreement, sub-agreement, contract, grant, vendor, etc.
Office Administrations and Logistics:
- Maintain appropriate and updated filing system for all project documents including procurement documents (Due Diligence forms, biodatas, hosting checklists; competitive quotations); field vouchers, approved budgets and purchase orders); and workshop/activity payments; checks
- Assist in management of Field Office assets, premises, supplies, publications, facilities and logistic services as required
- Administer regular maintenance of all office space and equipment including necessary insurances in place and processing of claims in case of loss
- Serve as backup for administration of transportation for the office and staff for local and international travel
- Maintain HR-related files, including monthly updating of leave time accrued/taken, ensuring medical insurance for staff
- Maintain up-to-date record of all rent, service and utility contracts for the office and, administer prompt payment of rents, insurance, service and utility bills
- Assist in performing project close out activities
- Work with project team to calculate and submit cost share information, where applicable
- As necessary, assist in financial audit. Maintain accurate and up-to-date operational, personnel, and other records as required by corporate management and/or Nigerian law
- Work closely with Finance Officer for daily tasks and overall project management
- Manage expendable property
- Perform receiving function, record and tag all items
- Issue supplies and stationery to staff
- All other duties and tasks as assigned
Min Required Experience: 4 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized academic institution in Business or related field or 4 years working in administration; MBA is an advantage
- Proven competency in planning, organizing, and implementing operational activities
- At least 4 years of administration experience with a good understanding of business operations and controls; experience with international organizations and USAID regulations an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules and progress are reviewed and monitored
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making. A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment
- Project Management expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: By submitting an application for this position you are agreeing to submit to or provide information relating to police/background checks which may be conducted as applicable.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Palladium Group
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: 8D Thaba Tseka Street off Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Wuse II, Abuja Nigeria
Today, Palladium is a leader in developing and delivering positive impact. Our solutions transform lives, businesses, communities, societies and economies, creating enduring value.The Balanced Scoreca...Know More about Palladium Group
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
7 Positions - 3 Locations