The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting for fulltime Security Coordinator (Training).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Coordinator (Training)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- NRC is looking for a Security Coordinator (Training) for our Area Office in Maiduguri, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Security Coordinator (Training) is to Develop and Facilitate the Mandatory Security Training's and ensure all staff have the basic and contextual security training required to carry out their jobs
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and recently Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Security Coordinator (Training) reports to the Area Manager.
- Develop and deliver NRC internal staff development training for national and expatriate staff including HEIST, HEFAT, Crisis Management, Driver and Guard Training.
- Develop and teach other courses as directed by the Security Manager.
- Constantly review, evaluate and adapt developed training materials as necessary.
- Assist the Area Manager in the day to day security of the program and provide support to security operations where required.
- Minimize security risks to the operations of NRC
- Support, training, control and development of security staff in all offices
- Develop a training plan to Train and develop staff in safety and security
- Prepare post-training reports for Security Management with lessons learned and analysis. Critical interfaces
Min Required Experience: 1 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Experience from working as a Security Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Proven experience in staff capacity development and training.
- Experience with designing, teaching and evaluating trainings in a humanitarian setting.
- Verifiable experience in the design and delivery of Safety/Security courses.
- Ideally Security ToT qualified.
- Significant experience in insecure/conflict-affected environments.
- Employment history that reflects experience in fields beyond purely military, police, or private security.
- Proven writing and reporting skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a close-knit team.
- Administration / Organisation / Management,
- Social science
- Education title: Bachelors' degree
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: January 2019
- Duration: 1 year
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions - Grade Level 7 Step 1
- Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the areas.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About The Norwegian Refugee Council (nrc)
- Type: Nonprofit
- Headquarters: Oslo, Norway
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation which promotes and protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally di...Know More about The Norwegian Refugee Council (nrc)
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting