- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of all library services In the entire community
- The candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Library Science from a recognized University and should have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience; five (5) of which must be at the Deputy University Librarian level In the University administration.
- The candidate must show evidence of substantial contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable Journals.
- Capacity to develop and manage e-library Is required.
- Possession of a Doctorate degree will be an advantage.
Conditions Of Service
The conditions attached to the position are as generally applicable in Nigerian University System and as may from time to time be determined by the Governing Council. The appointment shall be for a single term five (5)years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward thirty-five (35) copies of their Applications, which should be duly signed and dated accompanied by credentials and detailed CV, giving the following information in the order listed below:
- Candidate’s name in full (surname first and In capital),
- Post desired,
- Date of birth,
- Place of birth,
- State of origin and local government area,
- Contact address, GSM number(s), email address,
- Marital Status,
- Number of Children with names and ages,
- Institutions Attended with dates,
- Educational Qualifications with dates,
- Professional, Academic and other Achievements,
Each applicant is requested to submit a write-up stating his/her vision for the department.
The sealed envelope containing the application/nomination/referee's report should be marked 'The University Librarian' at the top left-hand corner and forwarded to:
The Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council,
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH),
P.M.B. 4000, Ogbomoso,
Soft copies of the application and accompanying documents including signed referee’s report should be mailed as attachment in PDF format to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.