The Embassy of Belgium in Abuja is recruiting for full time Expert administrative operative / secretarial work and organization – Social Media and communication Assistant
a) As a "management assistant – administration":
Take charge of the coordination and implementation of the administrative tasks of the head of post, another line manager at the post or the post as a whole
in order to guarantee them optimum support, allowing the interested parties to devote themselves to their main functions.
• Manage the line manager's diary in terms of planning meetings and other appointments as well as travel/missions
• Make the necessary contacts with local official bodies, other representations, private companies, etc.
• Welcome visitors in an appropriate manner
• Receive and process the line manager's incoming correspondence (mail, official and informal e-mails, etc.): study incoming post, transmit urgent affairs and delicate matters, forward to the right person for follow-up, archive the documents if necessary
• Manage the line manager's outgoing correspondence: direct answer to simple everyday questions, drafting and submission of proposed replies for more complex or delicate affairs, correction of draft letters in a foreign language, layout,
• Manage the line manager's telephone communications: answer/filter/dispatch incoming calls or confirm appointments, make courtesy calls, etc.
• Update useful lists, the post's organisation chart, directories, internal procedure memos, etc.
• Ensure precise and accessible archiving of documents
• Draft/prepare/proofread and, if necessary, correct various documents: verbal notes, presentations, statistical reports, internal procedure notes, etc.
• Conduct information searches on the request of the line manager and/or on his own initiative
• Prepare documented files for meetings, missions, etc.
• Take part in meetings (internal and/or external), take notes and write minutes
• Prepare the missions of the line manager and/or other staff members: write authorisation requests, make the necessary contacts with the partners, etc.
• Manage small accounting tasks: payment of invoices, monitoring of representation expenses, disbursement statements, etc.
b) As an "organiser":
Contribute to practical organisation or manage the practical organisation of meetings, conferences, seminars, official visits or other events, etc.
in order to guarantee the successful organisation of these activities and the brand image of the post
• Draw up a timetable
• Draw up the list of participants/guests and prepare the invitations
• List the equipment and services needed (premises, various equipment, catering, interpreters, etc.)
• Contact suppliers in order to benefit from offers and carry out an initial analysis in order to make proposals to the manager, if necessary
• Book flights, hotels, restaurants, etc.
• Organise the necessary vehicles and transport to the sites of the activity, the post, hotels, etc.
• Regularly report on (feedback) the status of files
C) As Social Media and communication Assistant
Search for, collect and provide - internally and externally - relevant information by using all media possible and available (including those involving social networks) in order to document and support the post's activities and provide useful documents about the post's activities and Belgium to external contacts.
· Delivering all social media aspects of the Embassy with full responsibility for running all the Embassy’s online presence: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and website.
· Advising on which channel best to use to reach specific audiences (possibly expanding the channels we use e.g. YouTube, What’s App, …
· Completing the Focus on Belgium (and possibly other regular news updates from Brussels) with local content and ensure timely dispatch to appropriate audience(s).
· Generate compelling content for our social media outlets, possibly including editing video clips, creating high quality infographics, editing photos, generating eye-catching graphic designs and writing informative texts.
· Constantly refreshing our social media approach so that we remain up-to-date with information coming from Belgium and Nigeria.
· Monitoring and moderating comments on social media posts, intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide conversations
· Maintaining and building a network of social media contacts and Nigerian media outlets
· Maintaining an up-to-date database of journalistic contacts in Nigeria and deploying this database when/where needed/requested
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
· Managing a Quality Service- Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
· Collaborating and Partnering- People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Embassy to help get business done
· Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes towards agreed goals and activities while dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
· Seeing the Big Picture - Having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports the Embassy’s objectives and the wider public needs. Focusing your contribution on the activities which will meet Embassy goals and deliver the greatest value.