The Embassy of Belgium in Abuja is recruiting for 2 (two) full time Multi skilled administrative operative
As a "secretarial operative":
Carry out secretarial tasks in order to support the manager/service/post in daily administrative management.
· Manage agendas or other schedules
· Make necessary contacts for the service or the manager with local official bodies, other representations, private organisations, suppliers, etc.
· Sort and record incoming and outgoing correspondence
· Proofread and, if necessary, correct documents (spelling, layout, etc.)
· Reply (telephone, e-mail, letters) to simple requests
· Draft letters/verbal notes/various communications under the manager's supervision
· Create spreadsheets and prepare simple presentations
· Help to write certificates concerning nationality, public records, etc.
· Prepare mission authorisations and book trips, hotels for the manager and/or other internal staff, etc.
· Contribute to the management of certain files concerning staff (recruitment/end of contract, salary sheets, presence sheets and holiday sheets, etc.)
· Search for and keep up-to-date information and documentation that is useful for colleagues' work
· Prepare/complete files for meetings, missions, etc.
· Regularly report on (feedback) the status of files
· Manage simple instruction files (diplo-flights, routine notifications to local authorities, etc.)
As a "front office operative":
Welcome and receive the frontline questions, requests and documents of Belgian or foreign citizens in order to provide a response or immediate help or to convey/transmit them to the manager.
· Inform the visitor about the documents needed, regulations and procedures, timescales, etc.
· Inform and answer requests by e-mail, telephone; if necessary, forward them to a manager
· Receive and examine the documents presented
· Question/guide/advise/help the applicant with procedures
· Register files in the software indicated and according to the rules in force
· Inform the applicant of the outcome of his application
· Issue certificates or other documents required by the applicant.
As a "back office operative":
Prepare, encode and monitor the evolution of applications according to the procedures and regulations in force in order to support the manager/service/post in consular activities.
· Check documents and complete applications, if necessary by contacting the applicant
· Check the authenticity of documents if necessary
· Prepare certificates and various acts and documents
· Reply to mail from Belgian or foreign citizens, local authorities, honorary consulates, etc. pertaining to consular affairs