§ Maintenance of company’s books of account at the plant.
§ Periodic Financial Reporting to the Head office
§ Maintenance of proper stock records and reporting of relevant stock information as may be required from time to time
§ Ensuring accurate & timely processing of customer invoices, code and enter invoices and expenses reports
§ Apply all cash receipts & handle bank transactions
§ Proper maintenance of Fixed Assets Register and Analysis and Explanation of the monthly depreciation charges
§ Preparation of monthly bank and cash reconciliation
§ Handling petty cash and related petty cash reconciliation
§ Performing other duties as assigned by management
§ Finance and Inventory management & control
§ Maintenance of internal control system to assure the integrity, accuracy and completeness of accounting records
§ Ensuring proper authorization of all payments and disbursement
§ General processing of invoices for payment to creditors
§ Ensure proper compliance and implementation of company policies and procedure
§ Ensure that goods receipts and issue are recorded correctly in line with company’s policies and accounting standards
§ Weekly reconciliation of stock with account receivables and cash.
§ Business Management & Performance Reporting:
§ Assume full responsibility and accountability for your P&L.
§ Prepare regular analytical reviews of sales performance in relation to budget and competition.
§ Reconcile customer accounts and ensure proper documentation; ensure accuracy and completeness of customer statements
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Effectiveness of budgetary and financial performance monitoring activities
- Effectiveness and adequacy of Assets & Liability, Treasury and Cash Management efforts
- Timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reports
- Effectiveness of financial controls
- Number and quantum of penalties imposed on company for non-compliance with regulations, including taxation.
- Number or quantum of audit issues raised
- Adequacy and effectiveness of accounting processes & systems in enabling business operations
- Performance on external audit examinations; number and complexity of queries raised, level of suspense and unreconciled items etc.
- Ease of retrieval of financial information and documents
- Staff Satisfaction Levels