The Candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University degree including a PhD or its relevant equivalent professional qualification and should be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be highly distinguished and self-motivated academic of the rank of Professor with ability to provide academic leadership (Management and Administration);
- Be a successful scholar well rooted in the finest academic traditions;
- Be a successful academic who has attained a position of distinction and excellence in his or her chosen field of study;
- Be a person with good grasp of information and communication technology skills and appreciates its significance in the contemporary knowledge industry;
- Be a person of courage but humane, who can take decisive actions on the merit of facts and principles, and not on the basis of sentiments or pressures from individuals and groups;
- Possess high reputation nationally and internationally and be able to command respect of national and international academic communities through his or her track records;
- Be a person of proven integrity and administrative leadership so as to successfully lead a group of our well informed and articulate academic community;
- Possess ability to create the needed bridges between the University community on one hand, and its stake-holders on the other hand and be above petty ethnic, religious and local loyalties and biases;
- Be able to serve the full term of five years before attaining
- The retiree age of 70 years, and must be of good physical and mental health;
- Be able to perform any other lawful duties and responsibilities as may from time to time.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The Salary and Conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice Chancellor in all Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the Government/Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
3pm; 15th January, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 30 copies of their Application along with 30 copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae which shall contain the following:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Educational Qualifications
- Professional and academic achievement;
- Publications listed in chronological order;
- National and International Honours/Award
- Positions held with dates
- Any other relevant information.
Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelopes marked boldly at the top left hand corner "Post of Vice Chancellor, UNN", and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Nigeria,
Nsukka - Enugu State.
- Every candidate shall submit 30 copies of statement of his/her own vision admission for the University;
- In the case of a candidate identified and nominated by the Search Team, the Curriculum Vitae must be accompanied by a letter of consent, duly signed and dated by the candidate;
- All candidates must supply, on their application forms, the name and addresses of three referees. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward the confidential report directly to the Registrar;