Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- Significant recent experience as a journalist, with a good knowledge and examples reporting stories about women.
- Comprehensive knowledge of writing and editing content for publication to high editorial standards.
- Understanding of the women’s agenda in the target region and in the world.
- Evidence of sound editorial and community judgement as well as an understanding of the power of online communities.
- The ability to plan and organise time and resources effectively and to manage projects to conclusion according to deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of making content behind or in front of a camera
- Conceive, shoot, write, edit content for Instagram channels, as well as emerging platforms
- Video and audio editing skills is advantageous
- Significant recent experience as a journalist, with a good knowledge of production techniques
- Demonstrates sound editorial and policy decisions based upon a clear understanding of the BBC’s distinctive news agenda, the requirements of news and current affairs coverage, the programme departments and the audience
- Ability to use technology as required, in order to gather material for broadcast.
- High standard of English including complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to work quickly, accurately and under pressure.
- A comprehensive knowledge of BBC health & safety procedures.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies:
- Demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of BBC editorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives.
- Makes the right editorial decisions, taking account of conflicting views where necessary.
- Ability to take public comments on board and to make appropriate editorial changes to content.
- Able to transform creative ideas into practical reality.
- Evidence of innovation and the ability to devise creative solutions by developing novel ideas or adapting existing ones in new ways.
- Evidence of a desire to create beautiful, quality content.
Planning and organisation:
- Able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- As well as the ability to motivate and deal sensitively with people who may be working to tight deadlines
Influencing and persuading:
- Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Managing relationships and team working:
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Works cooperatively with the ability to work with other teams in developing tools, features and services.
- Manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations.
- Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment and motivation.
- Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
- Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adopt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Use link for more Information (Pdf)