Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
BHGE has an opportunity for a Field Operator to join its Wireline Services operations in Nigeria
- Under general supervision receives established instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on wellsite activity to perform basic duties at the wellsite and at the shop.
- Learns about servicing mechanical devices, building logging cable heads, building perforating cable heads and tool maintenance.
- Able to Rig up and down wellsite equipment.
- Develops hoisting skills in different situations such as fishing operations, coring operations, testing operations vertical tool make-up and in deviated wells.
- Maintains wellsite records and communications as required by District Manager.
- Responsible for proper job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew.
- Must have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all Federal, Country, State, Local and Wireline regulations applicable to Wireline explosives operations.
- Participates actively in quality improvement efforts with respect to ballistics operations.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Drives Company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all Company and government regulations and arrives at wellsite or other designated destination at scheduled time.
- Carries out all required responsibilities safely and as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations, Equipment and Logistics manuals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BHGE Core Values
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Diploma/OND/NCE
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Technical diploma or equivalent.
- Industry experience and Wireline knowledge required
- Ability to work well and communicate and well with others
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: 10B ,Club Road, Ikoyi, Eti Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an international industrial service company and one of the world's largest oil field services companies. As of July 2017 Baker Hughes is 62.5% owned by General Electr...Know More about Baker Hughes Nigeria
Employees said "Its the "BEST" place to work".