Job Description | Software Engineer
Devices and Techniques Limited are looking for Software Engineer to join our expanding team as Contract Personnel in a successful and dynamic Oil & Gas Company. This role is for experienced Software Engineers looking to further develop their skills and careers.
- Support, optimisation and customisation software solutions using mainly Microsoft technologies.
- Managing cases, requests and enhancements using online tools and processes.
- Ensuring that client systems are fully operational and any loss of service is restored in a timely and efficient manner.
- Providing a high level of service to our customers and adhering to our strict SLAs for response and restoration times.
- Problem determination, workaround resolution, root cause analysis, major incident management.
- Deployment of service releases, patches, upgrades, requests and customisations
- Create productive relationships with and between key stakeholders.
- Ensure that solution and application support documentation is maintained to the highest quality and accuracy.
· In consultation with the Business Analysts, assist requesting entities in evaluating and acquiring new software, ensuring their proper integration in the test and production environments.
· Ensure that complex software problems are investigated, diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner and according to defined standards and procedures.
· Develop tools/plugins that improve/enhance the usage of existing software
· Ensure that appropriate application support tools are available to support staff and that adequate documentation for the applications supported is available and kept up to date.
· Ensure project management of the relevant information systems in compliance with objectives and KPIs (cost, quality, lead-time requirements) defined in agreement with various requesting entities.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of the TOTAL’s software library (eParc), with the ability to advise requesting entity on the appropriateness of the software being requested to its business and user requirements.
· Participate in reviews of systems performance, provide advice, and assist specialists or service providers to plan details of amendments and upgrades to systems.
· Plan and ensure the deletion and destruction of documents in line with TUCN document retention policy.
- To assist with the support of internal applications and infrastructure.
- Creation and distribution of knowledge and information with other team members and the company.
- Providing assistance and cover for other team members where required.
Min Required Experience: 4 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, or any related field strongly preferred; consideration given for technical knowledge as it relates to a degree.
- A minimum of 3 years’ related experience is required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Citrix, and Linux platforms. Certifications, Trainings or experience in databases and scripting or programming is preferred.
- Experience with Oil and Gas Business applications like Petrel, ArGIS, PI, Wellview.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must show a demonstrated desire to learn.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage projects and deliver end-to-end solutions relating with third-parties.
- Familiarity with source control and development IDEs.
- Practical experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, IIS, Apache and networking tools.
- Previous experience dealing with support cases or requests via service desk software, telephone and in person.
- Familiarity with the Oil and Gas sector is advantageous.
- Understanding of change and release management.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.The role is available for immediate recruitment.
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview in V.I Lagos
Only Candidates resident in Lagos; and able to take up immediate appointment need apply.