Xcene is seeking to hire an energetic and self-driven clinical research intern with a passion to improve healthcare in Africa to work in our front office/back office. This intern program provides an overview of our key departments including Clinical Operations, QA/QC, Recruiting and Regulatory with the predominant focus on day-to-day operations.
A clinical research Intern is the first step in becoming a Clinical Research Associate. In this role you will experience a robust training program exposing your to various projects supporting the clinical business while getting hands on experience and exposure in field monitoring responsibilities.
The Clinical Research internship program runs from March 2019 - Sept 2019
The first two weeks of the program will be focused on education with an introduction to the basic concepts of clinical research and their implementation at the clinical site level. The interns spend time in Regulatory and QA/QC in addition to the time spent in Clinical Operations.
Min Required Experience: 0 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Bachelor's Degree in Life Science major/ Healthcare
• Biology • Biochemistry • biological sciences • Medicine • Nursing • Pharmacy . Pharmacology
• Adherence to goals. • Communicate new product and service opportunities • Innovation • Interpersonal skills *
- Computer competency with various programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers
- Familiarity with ICH Guidelines, GCPs, as well as FDA and NAFDAC regulations a plus.
- Detail oriented and be able to take direction
- Follow-through on tasks delegated
Duration: 4-6 months
A minimum of 20 hours per week is required.