Building and Sustaining working relationship:
- The social skills to build and actively maintain working relationships that foster teamwork and collaboration with others for the benefit of a common goal.
Open Minded and Respectful:
- A non-judgemental approach that values other people and culture.
Seeking and Sharing Knowledge:
- Recognition that learning is a two-way and continuous process.
Facilitating Positive Change:
- The ability to analyse problems and develop lasting solutions in line with VSO approaches.
- A flexible approach and the ability to adapt behaviour to different situations.
- The self-confidence to work with a variety of situations, diverse people and ambiguity.
Skills and Knowledge
Successful candidates are likely to have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- A Nigerian with at least a National Certificate in Education (NCE) or qualification related to education.
- Practical teaching experience at primary level, preferably of children in early primary school stage (Primary 1-3).
- A good level of spoken and written English.
- Excellentinterpersonalskills and able to work with a range of people in different roles and with different backgrounds and levels of knowledge and experience.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, taking initiative and taking responsibility for results.
- A commitmentto supporting educational improvement.
- A commitmentto workonthe programme for1 year to maximize theirlearning about effective programme deliveryand change-management
The following skills, knowledge and experience would be useful but not essential:
- Experience of school leadership.
- Training and/or mentoring experience preferably in education.
- Data collection and project monitoring experience.
- Strong ICT skillsin particular good knowledge of using tablets, smartphones and computers for data collection.
- Experience of training, supporting and mentoring others
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click Here to Download Job Description (MS Word)