MYD Telecoms Company Limited is a Telecoms Infrastructure Services Company set up to provide support services for Telco operators, Telco OEMs, Tower Companies and Enterprise Companies in Sub-Saharan Africa/Middle East. In our bid to differentiate ourselves from others, over the last decades, we have built capacity to become a one-stop service provider in a rapidly changing Telco industry.
We currently have teams of personnel with strong qualifications and background in telecoms infrastructure engineering, and in combination with our extended network of certified outsourced industry engineers we have grown consistently and have established a proven track record with major telecommunication companies such as, Airtel, ATC, Globacom, Ericsson, Huawei, IHS, MainOne, Smile Communications and PAT.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: CIVIL / SITE BUILD PROJECT MANAGER
MYD Project Managers utilize their project and people management skills to deliver high quality projects on time, on budget and with unwavering professionalism. This includes planning the project, resourcing the project with internal team members as well as third-party contractors or consultants; managing internal and client driven processes and procedures, project schedules, deliverables, and quality to successful completion of wireless site development and implementation. Our Project Managers are responsible for managing cross functional teams (leasing, zoning, architecture & engineering, construction, integration & optimization etc.), and reporting to MYD management, communicates to clients; and for Ensuring MYD meets scope, schedule, cost and quality, metrics for the project.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Define project scope, schedule, cost, resources, quality, and deliverables in collaboration with customers and MYD management.
- Direct and manage project development from start to finish.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Perform Risk Analysis for the project. Identifies and mitigates risks associated with important aspects such as Health and Safety.
- Motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project reviews and create recommendations in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Works proactively to set customer expectation to ensure a smooth project including acceptance of project deliveries and timely payment even under challenging circumstances.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Establishes project priorities and goals for project performance including budget and schedule limitations and oversees projections for and timely achievement of milestone complete dates for project(s) in the quantity and at the rate required by the client contract.
- Build, cultivate and manage a high performing team founded on values of safety, quality and project performance
- Develop detailed project planning and forecasting
- Performance manage team to achieve overall program Key Performance Objectives
- Build trust through open and honest communication with the customer, project team and program management
- Report (internally/externally) in timely, accurate, comprehensive manner
- Manage multiple competing tasks under compressed time frames.
- Collect best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Ensures a valid Project Safety plan is in place.
Min Required Experience: 0 year(s)
Min Qualification: High School
Desired Courses: Not Specified
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
BSc / BEng / HND in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
PMP certified or actively pursuing certification, must obtain within 12 months
Minimum Required Experience:
+4 years Telecom experience including site acquisition, construction, integration, optimization process knowledge
Other Requirements include:
- Recognized technical expertise in and deep knowledge of wireless telecommunication market and infrastructure
- Thorough understanding and experience completing both new build and site modification projects for wireless sites required
- Thorough understanding and experience completing both new build and site modification projects.
- Prior local market experience along with existing market relationships with OEMs, Operators and Infrastructure Companies is strongly preferred.
- Good Financial knowledge, ability to define/track project/program financials such as Budget, Margin, Invoicing, Revenue recognition
- Ability to coordinate work and share resources with other managers on the team is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a highly interdependent team of individual contributors preferred
- Highly organized and disciplined with proven time management skills preferred.
- Effective communicator, written and oral with ability to present to management
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong computer background, MS Office, especially Word and Excel preferred.
- Preferred software skills – AutoCAD, Staad Pro and Orion.
- Travel required.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. You might be required to work
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org the subject of the mail should be the Job Title.