Solidarités International (SI) is recruiting for contract Deputy Finance Coordinator.
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
Job Title: Deputy Finance Coordinator
Job number: SRH03471
Type de poste: Overseas missions
Contract Type: Short term contract
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months
About the job
- The deputy finance coordinator will bring his support to the coordination of all administrative, accounting and financial services associated with the mission.
- As a deputy coordinator, he/she contributes to the financial balance of the mission and for ensuring that all Solidarités International procedures, donor procedures and all laws of the country in which Solidarités International is intervening are respected.
- He/She replaces the Finance Coordinator in his/her absence.
Analysis of the socio-economic context:
- Gather information on the development of exchange rates and prices
- Propose analysis to Finance Coordinator on socio-economic context
- Contributes to the recruitment of Financial Coordination team according to allocated resources and Solidarités International’s operational strategy
- Identify needs in administrations team and propose capacity building action plan to Finance Coordinator
- Train and appraise the financial administrative team in close collaboration with Finance Coordinator
- Plan and supervise the activities of the financial administrative team on request of Finance Coordinator
- Lead meetings for the financial administrative team in the absence of Finance Coordinator
Financial, accounting and budgetary management:
- Consolidate the mission’s monthly closing accounts
- Verify the accounts before they are sent to headquarters
- Contribute to the consolidate and check the Allocation boards upon Finance Coordinator request
- Prepare monthly frozen Budget follow up and contribute to consolidation if needed
- Train the mission’s senior staff in how to use the Budget Follow up
- Prepare and assist with possible audits or inspections
- Integrate the new donor contracts into the financial management of the mission’s projects, adhering to Solidarités International procedures
Administrative management of the mission:
- Review contract to partners and propose improvement to Finance Coordinator
- Coordinate paper and digital record-keeping, as well as ensuring the security of administrative documents
- Organize the quarterly mailing of administrative archives to headquarters after validation of the Internal Control Department
- Follows the cash flows between headquarters and the mission, and ensure that bases receive supplies
- Compile and monitor cash flow forecasts and forward them to headquarters
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s in-country registration is followed up
- Ensure proper archiving of financial contracts and correspondence with donors
- Support Finance Coordinator in relationships with the administrative authorities at the national level.
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International when asked/delegated to do so
- Act as a link between headquarters and the field for all matters relating to cash forecast and accounting
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Not Specified
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration or Accounting or related field
- Previous experiences as Deputy Finance coordinator with significant financial volume and multiplicity of donor’s contracts
- Proven experience in training & capacity building
- Knowledge in Administrative and Financial management
- Knowledge in Audit management
- Prioritization and self-organization
- Full working proficiency in English (read, spoken & written)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of other Office suite
- Accounting software: Saga preferred and recommended
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
SI will offer you
- According to experience, starting from 2200 euros gross per month (+10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 600 USD.
- SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
- Vacation:During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. Our policy was just modified: from now on, Solidarités offers you 7 working days ever three months, with a 850 USD allowance for each break. In addition to these regular break, SI adds a day off per worked month. These days off as well as the breaks are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary as they are offered by the organization.
- Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Living conditions: The living conditions of the base are comfortable (A.C, comfortable beds, TV, tennis table, good cooking etc.) with possibility of finding a wide range of goods for cooking. Despite restriction for security reasons, the level of activities is quite good (Sport: Soccer, volleyball…and interactions with other INGO). The multicultural environment allows for enriching exchanges and extensive discussions, as the atmosphere is very uplifting. Security procedures are quite restrictive (which is normal given the context) but it means that movement are limited and that knowledge of the city and the culture will be also very limited.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Solidarités International (si)
- Type: Nonprofit
- Headquarters: 89 rue de Paris 92110 Clichy La Garenne
Solidarités International is a non-profit organization working in areas of conflict and natural disasters. Its main aim is to provide quick and effective support for people in life-threatening ...Know More about Solidarités International (si)
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
4 Positions - Not Specified
2 Positions - 7 Locations