Solidarités International (SI) is recruiting for contract Finance Coordinator.
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Job Number: SRH03470
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 1 year
About the Job
- The Finance Coordinator will manage directly four staff: a deputy finance coordinator, a roving admin manager, a finance assistant and a cashier.
- The Finance Coordinator will be managed by the country director.
- The strategy in 2019 is to try to reach development/long term funds for a new base in the south of Borno State as well as continuing our current emergency activities in our current bases.
- Analysis of the socio-economic context:
- Identify administrative partners
- Monitor the development of exchange rates and prices
- Work with administrators to define administrative personnel needs during the mission and recruit according to allocated resources and Solidarités International’s operational strategy
- Train and appraise the financial administrative team
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the activities of the financial administrative team
- Lead meetings for the financial administrative team
Financial, Accounting and Budgetary Management:
- Define the expenditure cycle and authorization thresholds and ensure compliance with the purchase validation cycle
- Consolidate the mission’s monthly closing accounts
- Verify the accounts before they are sent to headquarters
- Consolidate and check the Allocation boards
- Prepare, monitor and revise the mission’s financial programming
- Complete the consolidation of monthly Budget follow up and ensure that the mission remains financially stable
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress. Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor the mission’s operating costs
- Train the mission’s senior staff in how to use the Budget Follow up
- Prepare and assist with possible audits or inspections
- Prepare and consolidate the financial sections of proposals
- Integrate the new donor contracts into the financial management of the mission’s projects, adhering to Solidarités International procedures.
Administrative Management of the Mission:
- Negotiate and draw up partnership contracts with local partners and ensure that they are followed and complied with
- Supervise paper and digital record-keeping, as well as ensuring the security of administrative documents
- Supervise the quarterly mailing of administrative archives to headquarters after validation of the Internal Control Department
- Select and contract a lawyer who will examine legal issues and limit any legal risks
- Manage the cash flows between headquarters and the mission, and ensure that bases receive supplies
- Ensure that the cash box and coffers are well kept and that funds are secure at all bases
- Compile and monitor cash flow forecasts and forward them to headquarters
- Ensure regular financial reporting to headquarters, on a schedule defined by the administrative calendar
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s in-country registration is followed up
- Organize and run information and coordination meetings
- Produce financial reports that are in line with financial donors’ administrative procedures
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative authorities at the national level. Carry out constant judicial monitoring, keep up-to-date with local employment laws, check information collected with law firms and insert it into Solidarités International’s documentation
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International when asked/delegated to do so
- Act as a link between headquarters and the field for all matters relating to finance
Specific Stakes and Challenges:
- Training of national admin managers on bases
- Opening of a new base will be a challenge
- Program forecasts are hard to manage
Min Required Experience: Not Specified
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in, Business or Public Administration or Accounting or related field
- Previous experiences as Finance coordinator with significant financial volume (> 8 millions EUR at least recommended), multiplicity of donor’s contracts (6 at least recommended)
- Proven experience in team management, team structuring
- Proven experience in training & capacity building
- Knowledge in Administrative and Financial management;
- Knowledge in Audit management;
- Knowledge of DFID / ECHO / BPRM / OFDA-USAID, UN agencies & other donors assistance policies, guidelines and financial reporting requirements
- Prioritization and self-organization
- Ability to multitask and delegation
- Full working proficiency in English (read, spoken & written)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of other Office suite
- Accounting software: Saga preferred and recommended
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
SI will Offer You
- According to experience, starting from 2640 euros gross per month (2400 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 600 USD.
- SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
- During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time-off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 750 USD allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
Social and Medical Cover:
- Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- The living conditions of the base are comfortable (A.C, comfortable beds, TV, tennis table, good cooking etc) with possibility of finding a wide range of goods for cooking. Despite restriction (curfew & limitation of movement), the level of activities is quite good (Sport: Soccer, volleyball…and interactions with other INGO).
- The multicultural environment allows for enriching exchanges and extensive discussions, as the atmosphere is very uplifting. The problematic aspect is that security procedures are quite restrictive (which is normal given the context) but it means that movement are limited and that knowledge of the city and the culture will be also very limited.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Solidarités International (si)
- Type: Nonprofit
- Headquarters: 89 rue de Paris 92110 Clichy La Garenne
Solidarités International is a non-profit organization working in areas of conflict and natural disasters. Its main aim is to provide quick and effective support for people in life-threatening ...Know More about Solidarités International (si)
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting