International Breweries is a subsidiary of the world’s largest brewer, AB InBev. Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (Analytical) - Quality
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
- We’re hiring the ambitious and the passionate. If you are up for a challenge and ready to grown your career, you’ve come to the right place!
- The key purpose of the role is to provide laboratory support to the value chain by performing checks and analysis on beer and packaging to enable production to produce beer that conforms to AB InBev quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Laboratory Technician will:
- Adhere to PPE policy always.
- Ensure Unsafe conditions and work practices are identified and actioned
- Ensure Chemicals and reagents are handled as per manualized procedure
- Ensure Hazardous substances are stored, handled and disposed of as per procedures •Adhere to documented lab safety rules, guides and practices
- Ensure Incidents are reported and actioned as per procedure.
- Ensure House keeping schedules are adhered toEnsure Sampling is carried out as per manualised methods
- Ensure Samples are identified, verified and handled to retain integrity as per manual
- Ensure Samples are prepared and dispatched, if necessary, as per manualised method.
- Ensure Relevant apparatus, equipment and reagents are prepared as per manualised method
- Ensure Analysis is performed using fundamental laboratory techniques and practices.
- Carry out accurate results generated at specified times.
- Ensure Results are recorded and reported as per standard manuals
- Ensure Non conformance identified and Out of control procedure adhered to Ensure Equipment is maintained and calibrated according to manualized methods.
- Ensure Equipment calibration frequencies are adhered to
- Ensure Calibration records available and updated
Min Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
- Min- BSc/HND in Biological/Physical Science or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 - 6 months’ on the job training
- 2-3 Years’ experience in a laboratory, Brewing or Packaging operation (FMCG environment)
- Additional Advantage - Understanding of process control within a packaging environment
Key competencies and attributes:
- Ability to utilise computer programmes extensively.
- Analytical ability. Communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Mental alertness and judgement.
- Problem solving skills.
- Precision and accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Assessments and background checks form part of the recruitment process.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.