Subsea 7 is recruiting for contract Graduate Engineer.
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Engineer
Vacancy Ref: 59501
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Contract type: Staff
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Overview Of Role
- Nigerstar 7 is looking for graduate engineers to join the engineering department.
- Under supervision, a Graduate Engineer assists more senior engineers to produce detailed engineering relevant to his/her area of specialism. The work scope may include supporting studies and tenders as well as live projects.
- The Graduate Engineer will participate in the Graduate Engineer Development Scheme (GEDS) involving off-the-job training, on-the-job development, mentoring and self-development.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Under direct supervision, produces engineering deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and 3rd-party submissions.
- Consolidates knowledge in areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Limited awareness of clients’ needs; addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Assists in the production of technical documentation.
- Makes effort to become aware of all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements.
- Participates in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a junior capacity.
- Recognises the objectives for professional development.
- Adheres to the training requirements of the GEDS.
- Additional responsibilities/activities specific to the appropriate Engineering Centre may be added as applicable. For example: Participate in offshore assignments as required by project placement.
- Accept increasing responsibility as more experience is gained Actively seek and execute challenging work tasks Originate documents such as analysis reports, procedures, drawings, Change Control Forms, Dive plans etc.
- Act as company representative at such events as load tests, trial fit-ups etc. Carry out other duties of a Professional Engineer under the supervision and/or approval of a more senior Engineer.
- Prepare and present, Task Risk Assessments, HAZOPs etc. when assigned Prepare procedures and other documents to satisfy company and industry Health and Safety Standards.
Min Required Experience: 1 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- This position is open only to Nigerians
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year post NYSC experience
- Ability to function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Understanding of Pipelines and risers will be added advantage.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Be aware of interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers. Manage change control within own remit on a project.
- Can work within time/budget constraints Commitment to Company Values
- This Role Profile outlines the main areas of responsibility; however the role holder may be required to perform any other necessary duties within their experience and capabilities from time to time.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2019.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Subsea 7
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: 4th Floor, Mulliner Towers 39, Alfred Rewane Road Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria
Subsea 7 is one of the world’s leading global contractors in seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services to the offshore industry.We provide technical solutions to enable the delivery o...Know More about Subsea 7
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting
1 Position - Not Specified