The status and title of Professor shall be conferred in recognition of distinction and eminence in a particular discipline. Appointment to this position shall be based on the following criteria:
- At least 10 years teaching, research and/or industrial/ professional experience with PhD in relevant areas.
- Distinguished contribution to scholarship and at least 15 Journal papers in the candidate’s discipline cited on Google Scholar.
- Exceptional research record with academic leadership qualities such as:
- Ability to initiate, develop and supervise research projects.
- Supervision of students.
- Active participation in the administration of other activities of the Institution and contribution to the development of the outside community.
- Assessment by three External Assessors candidate’s area of specialization.
- At least 10 years research and administrative experience with PhD or its equivalent such as MD degree of Nigerian or British Universities. In the Clinical Sciences, candidates must have a Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons/Physicians (FWACS/FWACP) or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN) or their equivalents.
Conditions of Service
Successful candidates will be required to assume duty as soon as possible and will be on probation for the first two (2) years. Thereafter, they will retire at the approved age of 65 years and 70 years for those on the Professorial cadre. Other conditions are similar to those obtaining in other institutions of higher learning in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies of their Application with detailed Curricula Vitae (CV) plus one photocopy each of their certificates with other relevant documents to the address below. Their Curricula Vitae should indicate:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Current Post Address
- Cell (Phone) Number and e-mail address
- Marital Status
- Number/Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended
- Employment Records
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
All submissions should be addressed and sent to:
Rivers State University,
P.M.B 5080, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo,
Port Harcourt - Rivers State.
The sealed envelope containing the application should indicate at the top left hand corner the position sought. All candidates should nominate three (3) referees who would also be required to forward references on their behalf under confidential cover to the same address. Such references should equally be received not later than the closing date above.
Note: All applicants should cite this publication in their applications.