Qualification and Experience
Candidates who wish to apply for the position MUST fulfill the following:
- Possess a good honours Degree with a minimum of Second Class, Master's or Ph.D in Library Science or Library and Information Science or related field from a recognized University
- Have at least twelve years relevant working experience in a Tertiary Institution; seven of which must have been in a recognized University.
- Be computer literate with adequate knowledge of its application in library services
- Possess relevant scholarly publications
- Demonstrate ability to provide cognate Academic and Administrative leadership with proven ability to carry colleagues and subordinates along
- Professional membership is essential and of great advantage.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit twenty (20) copies each of their credentials with detailed Curriculum Vitae including soft copies. The Curriculum Vitae must contain the following below:
- Full name (surname first in capital letters)
- Marital status
- Date and place of birth, Local Government of Origin, State and Nationality
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Current contact address
- Educational qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience, present status and rank
- Details of research work and publications with attached evidences
- Details of administrative experience and community service with dates
- Details of working experience including former and present posts
- Any other relevant information not captured above
- Names and addresses of three referees; one of whom must be a reputable professional Librarian and another current or immediate past employer.
Applications should be addressed and forwarded to:
Al-Qalam University Katsina,
P.M.B 2137, Katsina,
- Candidates should request their referees to send reports on them under confidential cover to the Registrar, Al-Qalam University Katsina
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.