Olam Nigeria Limited is recruiting for fulltime Imported RM Manager - AFP.
Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria's non-oil sector in the last several years.
At Olam manufacturing has become an essential part of our growth story & Manufacturing, Innovation & Procurement Services (MIPS) as a function plays a critical role globally. MIPS manages a network of 210 manufacturing plants and 2 Development centers across 10 Business units in 19 countries.
Job Title: Imported RM Manager - AFP
Functional Area: Procurement
Department/Product: Animal Feeds & Proteins (AFP)
- AFP is one of the 5 BUs in Grains (a prioritized platform in Olam). AFP currently has a large operation in Nigeria, consisting of 2 Poultry feed mills (annual capacity – 720 TMT p.a.). 1 Fish Feed mill (84 TMT p.a., expandable to 150 TMT), and Sub-Saharan Africa’s largest breeding & hatchery facility to produce 45 million day-old-chicks (DOC) per annum. This business has been operational since Sep’17 and has leadership status in all its key verticals (Poultry Feed, Fish Feed and Broiler & Layer DOC).
Overview of Position
- The Imported RM (IRM) Manager will be responsible for cost-effective sourcing and delivery of all imported RM (Animal-origin meals, Amino acids, Vitamins & Minerals and other additives) through a diverse global supplier base to our feed mills in Nigeria.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a thorough understanding of all IRM used in PF & FF.
- Set up systems for a 6-month rolling plan for all IRM, factoring in the updated sales forecasts (from Poultry & Fish Feed PCHs), formulations (from Head- Nutrition) and inventory constraints (from Ilorin & Kaduna Plant managers).
- The plan should cover end-to-end inventory including at factories, domestic in-transit, at port, on waters and ordered-not-shipped.
- Regular review on min-max norms for each IRM to ensure no stock-outs while optimizing working capital.
- Regularly collect market data/insights from suppliers and other sources and share with Head- Procurement to take informed buying decisions.
- Work out the factory landed cost for each order and obtain approvals before placing firm orders.
- Work closely with Finance to efficiently manage LC opening, Form M and Supplier financing (to minimize Working Capital).
- Negotiate ocean freights and other terms with liners and port authorities (mostly through suppliers).
- Manage different licenses in advance for critical raw material from customs or any other department.
Imported RM Documentation & Clearing:
- Fully understand and manage documentation e.g. Bill of lading, Invoice, Packing List, HS Codes, Form M, Packing List, Certificate of Origin, PQ certificates, Quarantine, NAFDAC requirements etc. required for clearing of shipments.
- Fully understand and manage the SOPs under customs duty payment, port clearances and domestic logistics through CHAs to deliver the imported RM to our factories.
- Effectively manage the import documentation, Daily / weekly maintenance of CHA payments master import master
- Actively control any cost over-runs through proper understanding of D&D rules for different liners, free days management / negotiation post facto etc.
- Support on Clearing & Logistics for non-RM imported items (equipment, spares, samples etc.)
- IRM Purchase Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Documentation Officer
- Accounts Officer
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Minimum 5 years of work experience handling similar responsibilities.
- Good team and external stakeholder management skills
- Prior experience working for reputed liners (MSC, Maersk etc.) or CHAs will be an added advantage
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Olam Nigeria Limited
- Type: Private
- Headquarters: Plot 5 & 6, Abebe Village Road, Opp. FBN Regional Office, Iganmu, Lagos, Nigeria
Olam International is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 65 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 13,600 customers worldwide. Our team of 23,000 employees...Know More about Olam Nigeria Limited
Employees said "Its the "BEST" place to work".
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting