54gene Nigeria is recruiting for fulltime Medical Laboratory Scientist- Chemistry/Haematology.
54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job: Medical Laboratory Scientist- Chemistry/Haematology
Supervision: Head of Clinical Laboratory Services
Start Date: August 1, 2019
- Ensure samples collected and registered correspond with the lab numbers given before the samples are processed.
- Sample rejection and acceptance criteria must be adhered to at all times.
- Processing and loading of samples on Sysmex and Cobas platforms as well as other sophisticated equipment.
- Processing dried blood spots from consumer kits and performing the suitable rapid diagnostic tests (Comprehensive allergy test/ HeamoglobinSC).
- Ensure prompt test turn around time based on processing SOPs from receipt of samples to the time the result is ready for validation by pathologist.
- Ensure quality control is performed based on equipment SOP and maintenance logs are up to date.
- Daily temperature charting (Fridge and room temperature).
- Required to adhere to all quality and safety guidelines as stated in laboratory manual.
- Preparation of reagents & stains if required.
- Changing of reagents used in processes regularly depending on the equipment SOP.
- General supervision and cleaning of laboratory equipment including fridges, centrifuge etc.
- Assist in documentation and updating of laboratory work documents- SOPS, Policies etc.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development.
- Ensuring that services are provided in an accurate, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintaining data security and strict privacy with patient laboratory records.
Min Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Min Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/HND
Desired Courses: Not Specified
- Bachelor's in Medical Laboratory Science (Minimum 2nd class honours upper division) Core strengths in Chemical pathology/Haematology
- 3 years post-NYSC work experience
- Proficient in usage of laboratory information management systems
- Experience in cancer genetics is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that you can be assigned any other duty by the superior officer or management.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
➝ View More Companies Recruiting